Classic drink pkg, does it include foo foo drinks?

gentle@spici

Someone may correct me, but you cannot "upgrade" to the premium package online. It is super easy to do on the ship. Any bartender can upgrade you and I have done it several times. If you do it online, they charge you like you are purchasing the entire package, not just an upgrade. I am not sure if you can do it by calling Celebrity directly or using your travel agent. Someone who has tried this could possibly chime in.

Online they cancel your classic, then recharge you for the premium. On board, then add $10.00 per day to your cruise, SO I AM TOLD:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

And now a brief word from your friendly copy editor: the correct term is frou-frou, from the French term for frilly.

I know I lost this battle in the past decade, but I get a twitch in my left eye when I see foo foo in print. Can't help myself.

And now back to our regularly scheduled forum.

And now a brief word from your friendly copy editor: the correct term is frou-frou, from the French term for frilly.

I know I lost this battle in the past decade, but I get a twitch in my left eye when I see foo foo in print. Can't help myself.

And now back to our regularly scheduled forum.

True....but did you know there was a term Foo Foo Band in the 19th century? Used to describe an impromptu band on 19th Century sailing ships made up of the ships crew. There has to be a connection to Foo Foo drinks from that. Lol... call it what you will, but I'll take one now please.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I'm torn on the drink package, we got the classic one free thought the 123go promo, I want to upgrade to take advantage of the perks you just mentioned (we are a little bit of wine snobs, lol and I like a good grey goose martini) but then the whole free thing is out the window...

I opted for the beverage package for my 123go promo, and upgraded to the premium. I did it over the phone, and while yes, you do have to pay, its significantly less than if you had to buy the whole package outright.

Also, on my last cruise, my alcohol bill was about $90-95 for the week. That didn't include the few sodas, and bottled water and fancy coffee drinks I also paid for. Which are all included in the premium package. So for me, it was well worth the upgrade since I too like nice wine, and what was offered in the basic package was just meh, for me anyway.

Curious... anyone who's been on the ships during this beverage package perk notice if it was more difficult now to get a drink ordered as waiters are busier?

I've noted the tips were covered by Celebrity and wondered if passengers are offering a dollar or two incentive to develop a rapport with their favourite wait person... husband thinks they are not allowed to accept cash and that more could be added when signing to your room.

Our last few cruises have been booked with the promo package and we haven't had any problems. We noticed over the last few years that cocktail/beverage service on the pool deck has all but disappeared, bit that was before the free drinks packs began. Not a big deal to walk to the bar.....