Classic drink pkg, does it include foo foo drinks?

gentle@spici

Hi everyone, we are long time carnival cruisers , with our kids grown up we have decided to try something different. Looks like we are going on the Reflection in January. We have a classic drink pkg included and I've noted all of the beers wines and liquors included from previous posts. My wife loves the foo foo drinks like Miami vices, the daquiris, piña colada etc... Are those included ? Are they under the $8 threshold? What about the DOD? She likes most of them. I don't think it would be worth it for her if they are not included?

Welcome to Celebrity! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. There are plenty of "foo foo" drinks included in the classic package. If you go to the bar by the pool there are plenty of specialties to choose from. In case you do not know it, you can upgrade on board to the premium package for about $10 per day. We did this on our last cruise because we enjoy the martini bar and Molecular bar so much and they are not covered on the classic package. It also improves your selection of wines. Whatever you do..enjoy

Greetings

Just tell the bartender what you want and inform him/her that you have the classic package and they will prepare you your foo foo drinks. They will even put one of the foo foo umbrellas in it :).

Good Sailing

Tom

I'm torn on the drink package, we got the classic one free thought the 123go promo, I want to upgrade to take advantage of the perks you just mentioned (we are a little bit of wine snobs, lol and I like a good grey goose martini) but then the whole free thing is out the window...

Greetings

Just tell the bartender what you want and inform him/her that you have the classic package and they will prepare you your foo foo drinks. They will even put one of the foo foo umbrellas in it :).

Good Sailing

Tom

You don't even need to tell them you are on the Classic package. The bartender will look at your Sea pass and make the drink accordingly. I had the Classic Package and never had a problem getting anything I wanted. I did upgrade my kids from the Classic non-alcoholic to the Premium. Foo-foo non-alcoholic drinks like Virgin daiquiris are not covered on the Classic Non-alcoholic package. I was glad I did. They loved the Virgin frozen drinks and it was only $4 extra a day for each of them.

I'm torn on the drink package, we got the classic one free thought the 123go promo, I want to upgrade to take advantage of the perks you just mentioned (we are a little bit of wine snobs, lol and I like a good grey goose martini) but then the whole free thing is out the window...

Not really - at $11 a day you are still getting a deal and with the classic you have to pay the full price of something not on classic but with the upgrade you only pay the difference. Some of the beers my husband likes are not on classic so my girls upgraded him to Premium so he could have dogfish. One beer a day covers the price of the upgrade.

So I'm playing around online and I added the premium drink plan to our reservation and for the 10 cruise it was $590/pp?!? What? Please tell me this is wrong. We got a classic for free with a pick two promo when we booked

So I'm playing around online and I added the premium drink plan to our reservation and for the 10 cruise it was $590/pp?!? What? Please tell me this is wrong. We got a classic for free with a pick two promo when we booked

Someone may correct me, but you cannot "upgrade" to the premium package online. It is super easy to do on the ship. Any bartender can upgrade you and I have done it several times. If you do it online, they charge you like you are purchasing the entire package, not just an upgrade. I am not sure if you can do it by calling Celebrity directly or using your travel agent. Someone who has tried this could possibly chime in.

Someone may correct me, but you cannot "upgrade" to the premium package online. It is super easy to do on the ship. Any bartender can upgrade you and I have done it several times. If you do it online, they charge you like you are purchasing the entire package, not just an upgrade. I am not sure if you can do it by calling Celebrity directly or using your travel agent. Someone who has tried this could possibly chime in.

You cannot upgrade online. You have to call. I upgraded my kids package over the phone. Be careful and explain you are just paying for the upgrade $11 a day or whatever it is. The first rep I spoke to when I called to inquire was confused and at first quoted me the entire price. I called again a day or so later and spoke to another rep and I was very clear. I had to pay with a credit card for the upgrade amount (for some reason could not just be billed to the cc on file).

Edited by JandKMom

If you are sailing on the Reflection (as we are in January) you might try the Molecular Bar before you decide. You can always upgrade on the ship, even one or two days into the cruise. The $11 per day upgrade is the cost of one single drink at the Molecular Bar and IMHO, well worth the price! I suggest the Tanned Russian, its amazing!!

If you are sailing on the Reflection (as we are in January) you might try the Molecular Bar before you decide. You can always upgrade on the ship, even one or two days into the cruise. The $11 per day upgrade is the cost of one single drink at the Molecular Bar and IMHO, well worth the price! I suggest the Tanned Russian, its amazing!!

We love the Molecular Bar. My favorite is the 3G! It's so fun to watch the mixologists make the magic drinks happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this question, but how do you keep track of what you've spent per day? Aside from thinking too many drinks may fog your calculating skills :), a morning latte, soda, couple of beer etc with figuring in tips, .... is there a tallying system of some kind?

You cannot upgrade online. You have to call. I upgraded my kids package over the phone. Be careful and explain you are just paying for the upgrade $11 a day or whatever it is. The first rep I spoke to when I called to inquire was confused and at first quoted me the entire price. I called again a day or so later and spoke to another rep and I was very clear. I had to pay with a credit card for the upgrade amount (for some reason could not just be billed to the cc on file).

We have done this through travel agent I believe that it us cheaper before you get on the ship rather than after

Does one need to take the Premium package upgrade on Day 1 of the cruise or can this be done a few days later?

Greetings

You can wait to upgrade but you must upgrade through the remainder of the cruise. You cannot upgrade just for certain days.

Good Sailing

Tom

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this question, but how do you keep track of what you've spent per day? Aside from thinking too many drinks may fog your calculating skills :), a morning latte, soda, couple of beer etc with figuring in tips, .... is there a tallying system of some kind?

You can check via the TV in your cabin.

If you are not on a package this will work. If you are on a package there is not reason to keep track. I have ways received a list of "scans" at the end of the cruise.

We have done this through travel agent I believe that it us cheaper before you get on the ship rather than after

This was true for a period of time while Celebrity was increasing the prices, but it is now the same price again.

I don't have to keep track of purchases? Am I misunderstanding the package? I thought there was a maximum purchase of beverages per day so I thought you had to keep track if you didn't want to go too far over budget? Wow..this perk is looking better by the minute! :D

Now I can see why many are thinking they will upgrade to avoid limiting themselves to the few offered to meet the Classic limitations in cost.

I don't have to keep track of purchases? Am I misunderstanding the package?.

No, the package means you are entitled to any drink up to the value, so for arguments sake any beer up to $8, you can have as many as you want. There is a pdf doing the rounds that shows what you get on the two packages.