Pool lounge chairs

Sponge4God

Any suggestion on what time the lounge chairs start to get full in the morning? What is the best pool for adults to lay out by ?? How long can you keep a towel on your chair before they pick your towel up and is a pool attendant the ones you get your towels from? On RCCL they have a little shack where you go and sign them out, but heard this just changed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Don't know what ship you are on but they all seem to be filled with chair hogs in my experience! I've seen people as early as 6 reserving their chairs and then not coming back to them for hours. There is a room next to the pool area for towels (never noticed what time they open) or if you are in a suite, there are pool towels in your room to take. I've never really seen the attendants enforce the time and pick up someone's belongings/towel even though the dailies tell you not to "reserve" chairs.

My wife and I decided if we use the pool area on the Getaway next May, that if we go to the pool area and the chair hogs have dominated the loungers, we will indiscriminately claim two loungers to our liking, that are only saved by pool towels, and remove those towels ourselves.

On any of the mainstream cruise lines, they have anti lounge saving policies. So, when it appears to be no loungers available, we believe that most are being saved against policy, and especially the ones being saved only by a pool towel, are available for the taking.

Harvey

My wife and I decided if we use the pool area on the Getaway next May, that if we go to the pool area and the chair hogs have dominated the loungers, we will indiscriminately claim two loungers to our liking, that are only saved by pool towels, and remove those towels ourselves.

On any of the mainstream cruise lines, they have anti lounge saving policies. So, when it appears to be no loungers available, we believe that most are being saved against policy, and especially the ones being saved only by a pool towel, are available for the taking.

Harvey

I fully agree with this. I would never move someone's personal belongings, but a chair with just a towel on it is up for grabs, IMO. Of course, I always watch a chair for 10-15 min before grabbing one, but how am I to known if someone is reserving this chair, or was just lazy and didn't return their towel to the dirty towel bin? That's happens just as much as chair hogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just came off BA today and the chairs near the pools were gone by 9 or 10. There were usually chairs available on decks 16 and 17 until about 11. NCL of course mentions the one hour rule but no idea if/how they enforce it.

Harvey

I do the same thing at resorts. I would get especially mad at the AI when a server is delegated to an area, depends on his tips and all he has is chairs with towels until 2 in the afternoon. I just move the towels to the next chair.

If it is against policy, am not dong anything wrong.

my wife and i decided if we use the pool area on the getaway next may, that if we go to the pool area and the chair hogs have dominated the loungers, we will indiscriminately claim two loungers to our liking, that are only saved by pool towels, and remove those towels ourselves.

Harvey

+1,000,000