Evening in Quebec City

Just wondering what part of the city would be best to wander about in after dinner. I've seen the beautiful pictures of the city lit up and wondered if there was a "best place".

We will be there the third week of September, and by then will need to walk off some of the extra cruise pounds I'm sure.

We just got back from Quebec and found that all parts of "Old Quebec" were scenic--whether it was Basse Ville or Haute Ville. If you just want a short walk, you could do the Dufferin Terrace in front of the Chateau Frontenac in Haute Ville. Walking by the shops and restaurants in the Quartier Petit Champlain in Basse Ville would be nice too.

We did a ghost tour which covered parts of both Basse Ville and Haute Ville and had us on our feet for 90 minutes. If that interests you, check out:

http://www.ghosttoursofquebec.com/

For wandering, go wild - anywhere in the old part of town is going to be nice. To get a good photo of the city at night, same as in daytime, the best views are the other side of the river in Levis - the ferry runs until very late and is only a few bucks.

Thank you both for the quick response! Great minds think alike I must say - on both fronts.

I had researched the ghost tour and it did sound very interesting - but we chose instead a morning intro walking tour to get the lay of the land and a food tour in the afternoon, so I figure we would go it alone in the evening. The area around the Chateau Frontenac does sound lovely so I will definitely make a note of it.

I had hoped to do the ferry thing to Levis the next day - I did not realize the ferry runs late so I will definitely research that option as well. Never occurred to me to do it at night.

Really looking forward to it!

Just wondering what part of the city would be best to wander about in after dinner. I've seen the beautiful pictures of the city lit up and wondered if there was a "best place".

We will be there the third week of September, and by then will need to walk off some of the extra cruise pounds I'm sure.

We overnight in Quebec the night of 24-25 September, so thanks for asking the question and for the great responses.

Greg

We overnight in Quebec the night of 24-25 September, so thanks for asking the question and for the great responses.

Greg

Did some research (probably others know but I didn't) - The ferry is right near the cruise ships (depending where it berths) - and the last ferry back from Levis is 2:00 am - so no concerns about missing the last ferry (way past my bedtime). We're definitely doing that weather permitting.

Then we may just wander about the shops in Basse Ville...if we have any energy left after a pretty long day.

For me, it's never one OR the other - usually it's AND... And usually we need a vacation after our vacation. Thanks again to all.

You could also check the local cruises around the city. Some at night are dinner cruise and depending on when you will be there there are even some cruises to get to see fireworks from the boat. There is a company called AML . Might be funny to go on a short few hours cruise when you are on a cruise, but is is a nice way to see the city at night in all it´s splendor.