Rental Car and Cashless Tolls in Tampa?

activeac

Hello - We are traveling from TN to the Tampa Port in a rental car. I came across a travel concern of cashless tolls and rental cars. Coming down I-75 to the Tampa Port, will I encounter toll roads, and if so, are they cashless only? I have read the toll is charged to the rental car company who will intern charge me the toll plus a large fee - would like to avoid the rental cars fee if I can.

thank you!

LOL - I am directionally challenged, however, ever since I became a single mom, I made an investment into a GPS - I know my flaws! Hopefully good 'ole TomTom won't lead me astray!

I appreciate your help! I will be in your lovely area next Saturday :)

LOL - I am directionally challenged, however, ever since I became a single mom, I made an investment into a GPS - I know my flaws! Hopefully good 'ole TomTom won't lead me astray!

I appreciate your help! I will be in your lovely area next Saturday :)

If you stay on I-75 into Tampa then I-275, you will not encounter any toll-roads.

Are you staying at a hotel pre-cruise ? Is so you should be fine with an exit off of the interstate system. Just check your GPS to be sure.

If you are heading directly to the port, then follow 75 to the I-4 / I-275 split. Stay on 275 and take the Ashley St.-Downtown Tampa exit. This exit will be right after the split so start looking at this point. You will then be within blocks of the port of Tampa. You could also exit onto I-4 and take exit 1 - Ybor City and Port of Tampa. Either way will get you there.

BTW: If at all possible, get to the port before 11:00 ; 11:15 at the very latest.

If you get there early, most times you can drop your bags with the porters , walk right into the building, check-in and be on the ship pretty quickly. I've arrived around 11 am and been on the ship within 20 minutes total. Anytime after 11:15, the line starts to backs-up outside. It then snakes around the side of the building. It is outside and it is HOT, so just a heads-up on the arrival time.

Have Fun.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr