Ocean/Pacific Princess Owner's Suite

KruzeKrazy!

We will be on the Pacific Princess in an Owner's Suite and are debating deck 6 versus deck 7.

Deck 6 is supposed to have a larger balcony but is right above the Main Dining Room. Deck 7 is supposed to have a smaller balcony (but not as small as deck 8) but has cabins above and below so ahould be quieter.

Does anyone have experience with these OS on either deck on either ship and has a recommendation and/or other thoughts or insights?

How different in size are the balconies? Is the difference worth having the MDR beneath or is the balcony on 7 plenty big enough so fo for the quiet? Are the insides the same size?

Thanks for the help! This will be our first smaller ship, will be our 40th Anniversary cruise, and both OS are open so want to select the best choice since we can!

We were in a deck 6 owner's suite on the Pacific's sister the Ocean last summer. Since it is the MDR below we heard no noice from there. Remember the MDR isn't open during the night and there will be no chair movement you can hear from overhead. The size of the balcony was spectatular - as large as some staterooms.

As we've never been on any other deck I can't speak to your other comparison questions.

We've been in aft suites on other ships and the only real vibration was the thrusters when docking or departing and we're always on the balcony to watch so that's not an issue to us. To us it's part of the ship experience.

We had a vibration problem one night and the fruit bowl fell off the table. It was the same night I'd left my pedometer on the table. In the morning I had over 2000 steps registered!

What about the "closed" balcony? Did anyone miss not being able to see through it? It's not glass and it is not steel rods open to the view.

At first I was troubled by no glass but that didn't last very long. I'm short and could see over the rails when sitting at the table. When I sat in the lounger I found I didn't miss not seeing the sea as much as I thought I might. I could still see the horizon from the lounger.

Edited by spirit rev

What about the "closed" balcony? Did anyone miss not being able to see through it? It's not glass and it is not steel rods open to the view.

We were on the Tahitian Princess (now Ocean Princess) a few years ago in the Owners Suite aft deck 7 . The room was very large 2 bathrooms & such. We had a great cruise Hawaii - Tahiti. I loved the itinerary. But I was bothered by a lot of things. The cabin was very dark inside, not enough light to use the dressing table in the main room, the closets along the wall (there were lots) creeked all nite, every morning there was soot all over the balcony, the balcony felt very closed in without the glass & all that steel. I could not see the ocean sitting down. We were warned here on CC boards that the ship does rock & roll (their words) And it sure did. It is always better to be warned about all the movement & the soot every morning. Even when we were tendered & the ocean was smooth like glass, there was still a lot of movement in the aft. If you tend to get sea sick this is not the ship for you in the back. The 1st nite all we went to is Hilo, from Honolulu & my DH was so sick the Dr had to come to the suite to give him a shot that morning. I do think the warning is worth giving,, because I have not seen any warnings in a while, but when we were going, there were a lot of warnings. I wanted to go anyway. I could swear there were no stablizers on that ship, or maybe they were not being used.

Now maybe these problems have been solved since we sailed. We have always been in full suites some aft, some mid, but for us I would not sail on this ship again in those aft suites.

There were also a lot of good about this small ship. Loved that it was so easy to go anywhere on the ship & we never had to wait for an elevator. Also it was great to run into people over again & again

Just want you to be warned,

Grace

Our friends had an aft suite on corner of deck 7 and complained about the continual vibration in that cabin. We spent some time there and we also could feel the vibration and movement in that suite. We were on deck 8 in a minisuite forward and never felt vibration at all.

We recently had 6088 on Pacific. Easily the best suite ever. Loved the bath and, a half arrangement. We had vibration if the ship ran anywhere near full speed. Seems this is a common complaint on all the ex: R-Ships. No noise from the restaurant at all. Loved the balcony and did not really notice the lack of glass bulwarks. Anyway whenever we have had glass balconies, they soon had salt spray on them and were hard to see through anyway. Would book it again in an instant.

Jim -

Did you happen to see an OS balcony on deck 7 to see if that balcony was meaningfully larger than yours or pretty similar in size?

We expect vibration, noise, etc. as to us that's all part of the cruise experience. It is, after all, a ship and not a hotel room...

Jim -

Did you happen to see an OS balcony on deck 7 to see if that balcony was meaningfully larger than yours or pretty similar in size?

We expect vibration, noise, etc. as to us that's all part of the cruise experience. It is, after all, a ship and not a hotel room...

No but we had some friends in one on 8 and maybe slightly smaller but still huge.

Chez -

Thanks a bunch for the pic! Which deck was that?

Brian

We were deck 7 AFt on the Starboard side. We did not notice any vibration and there was no soot on the balcony in the mornings. Also we hardly had any movement at all. We did Singapore to Capetown and there was on 2 nights when there was a bit of movement and one was going around the cape which we expected. I normally do get sea sick but had no problems on this cruise. I actually travelled with my father and slept on the foldout bed in the lounge room and it was comfortable for me.

I could not complain about the suite.

Chez