MDR Brunch Fleet-wide???

rpmljm

I have just been reading some posts after not being on these boards for some time. We just booked Pride on Aug 3. We have always enjoyed going to the MDR for breakfast and lunch and being served instead of the buffet (after all we're on vacation). Is it now a fleet-wide practice that they just do brunch on sea days? On port days, what meals are served in the MDR?

I have just been reading some posts after not being on these boards for some time. We just booked Pride on Aug 3. We have always enjoyed going to the MDR for breakfast and lunch and being served instead of the buffet (after all we're on vacation). Is it now a fleet-wide practice that they just do brunch on sea days? On port days, what meals are served in the MDR?

Port days they serve breakfast in DR, sea days is the brunch which is actually pretty good.

If I remember right, you can get breakfast every morning in the MDR. Brunch, which is served a little later in the morning and has a different menu, is only on sea days. Of course, buffet lines are every day.

Also, don't forget room service. Just order that every other day and you can still get "served". It's free, has a great menu that has different items, and comes right on time to your room. Just tip the server accordingly.

If I remember right, you can get breakfast every morning in the MDR. Brunch, which is served a little later in the morning and has a different menu, is only on sea days. O

There is no breakfast served in the MDR on sea days -- Brunch only. We thought it was terrific, though the service was spotty

There is no breakfast served in the MDR on sea days -- Brunch only. We thought it was terrific, though the service was spotty

Agreed. You dont tip the servers for the brunch (only indirectly) so service not as good as for dinner.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Breakfast everyday- except on sea days - brunch.

Sorry. I thought I wrote what I thought I meant, just didn't think I wrote what I thought you thought I meant to write, I think?

Edited by HawkIVette

Sorry. I thought I wrote what I thought I meant, just didn't think I wrote what I thought you thought I meant to write, I think?

Ouch! That just made my head hurt! ;)

Wow you sound like my wife.:):)

There is a secret to going to breakfast/brunch too, yes the menu on the sea days is the same regardless of when you show up, but prior to eleven you get a basket of breads (yum) and after 11 you get popovers. I love popovers, haven't had them is over 50 years, am looking forward to a late brunch one day!

There is a secret to going to breakfast/brunch too, yes the menu on the sea days is the same regardless of when you show up, but prior to eleven you get a basket of breads (yum) and after 11 you get popovers. I love popovers, haven't had them is over 50 years, am looking forward to a late brunch one day!

Pardon my ignorance...but what is a popover?:confused:

Thanks, everyone for the info.

I just tried the brunch for the first time last month on the Liberty. I had thought the menu looked unappealing, but I was wrong. You must try the steak and eggs! Yum! I also tried some of my son's French toast, not the cereal crusted one on the menu, just plain. It was great. He also had the Eggs Benedict which I also sampled. It was not as good as everything else. I also loved the banana cream pie!

Do plan on brunch taking about an hour. it is very popular, so service is slow. We didn't have to wait for a table, though. We were seated right away at a table for just the three of us.

I am so glad that my family insisted that we go to brunch. It was so good!

Wow you sound like my wife.:):)

I will take that as a compliment. :D

Edited by HawkIVette

I like the items on the brunch. I dislike the whole idea though because I am a very early riser, want a sit-down breakfast, and want it LONG before the brunch begins.

I think I must be in the minority with the early rising thing.

When did the brunch begin?

Pardon my ignorance...but what is a popover?:confused:

Thanks, everyone for the info.

It's a little airy bread/roll type thing baked in a muffin tin so it's small. We usually are at brunch early and only had the popovers once. Like the breakfast muffins/breads better.

My poor memory is that it opens at 8:30. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I have been on some ships were it was 8:30 and other where it opened at 9:00. If my memory is correct, the Liberty opened at 9:00 AM. So I think it can vary from ship to ship.

Another vote for the huevos rancheros. Love the hot spicy sauce that comes on the side!