Getting a makeup match for Jergens Natural Glow

zcat

This product works just great for me. Don't want to use it on my face. Went to drug store and got 2 deeper shades of L'Oreal true match and their Ideal Balance in 2 dark shades. Always use true match, never tried ideal balance. Use another product under true match because it is a little too dry for me. Seems as if the ideal bal., is working better. Not happy with the rouge I got. Guess I need to go the dept., store and check everything out. Thinking of getting a bronzer if I can find one the drug store didn't have anything. So why am I writing this you ask???? If you use Natural Glow what did you use on your face? I do use Mac shadows and lipsticks so will try them first. My best to you all.

I just started using a bronzer on my face. i highlight the bridge of my nose & cheeks. It works great. Seems that most people these days try to avoid a lot sun exposure to their face, so having the highlighted "bronzed" areas works well. (I picked up Covergirl to give it a try)

I love Natural Glow and use it on my face as well as my body. Just "fill in" my face with blush, doing my eyes and lips. Want to look as natural as possible so I do't put any foundation on this time of year espcially since I'm using NG.

To imedw. OK I will give it a try. If it doesn't work I will go on a cruise for 3 weeks, as no one will know me and won't care what I look like. Went to the store and got a BIG sack load of L.Oreal, looks good so far. Thank you I wanted some to say they did their face with natural glow.

Bare Escentuals Makeup makes something called Warm Radiance - it's powdered, you apply it with a brush. It definitely gives you a warm glow! You can purchase it online, just google it. However, you *do* have to know how to apply it - a little of the stuff goes a loooooong way.

I used that product and it turned me orange. I have not been able to find a bronzer yet that looks natural. I would like a mystic tan but am afraid what the color will look like on me.

I am trying the Natural Glow, but about the Mystic Tan....my daughters tried it. The first time one of them went, the machine messed up and sprayed all the stuff on her front side....what a mess.

I called the salon and fussed with them because they didn't want to even replace the "bad session". I was mad. (Some people really try to take advantage of polite teenagers :mad: ) She had to scrub off as much of the stuff as she could (the salon girl wanted me to pay for a scrub to get the stuff off!!!) and then do a treatment to try to even it out.

But the worst thing about the stuff is that it rubs off on clothes and it is hard to wash out, some things it just stains.

I just bought a powder bronzer by Physicians Formula at wal-mart for about $9. I bougth the darker shade, Natural Tan, but it also comes in Light Tan. My body is (somewhat) tan from the sun, but my face is WHITE (all about the SPF 30), and i wanted to match. I have been happy with the way it wears, and the girls at work (who are very critical and honest, in a good way) say it looks natural, like i've been on the beach.

Your post reminded me of a Friends episode where Ross goes to one of those spray-on tanning places. He's not sure if he's supposed to turn around in between sprays, and he ends up getting sprayed on the front about 7 times.

It's hilarious. His face turns this dark, dark brown and the rest of him is still white.

T

I really like the Jergen's and now that it is much easier to buy, I've been using it a lot. Gives me just a little touch of color that I like for the summer. For about a month, I had to search around the stores a little to find it but it is in good supply now.

I'll probably use it again for a little while before we go on our October cruise so I won't be really, really the first few days of our cruise.

question about this jergens's lotion for those who haev used it: i am very sensitive to fragrances, usually the only product i use that is scented at all is my shampoo, and even that is mild (thermasilk). i took a "sniff" of this jergens lotion while at wal-mart the other day, and it smelled pleasant enough, i guess, but very flowery (for lack of a better word) and strong. does the smell wear off after a while? i don't know that i could tolerate that fragrance all day, even for a golden glow! thanks for any feedback!

I agree there is some scent to the Jergen's but I find it does not last very long on me after application. I don't find it to be overly strong but I'm not terribly sensitive to moderate scents.....some really strong ones I find very objectionable.

does the smell wear off after a while? i don't know that i could tolerate that fragrance all day, even for a golden glow! thanks for any feedback!

Not that I've noticed. I used it for a week on my legs and arms to keep the color I obtained during our cruise. I now use it only on my legs because I really did not care for the scent (and I could smell it on my arms when driving or even at my computer), and I did not want it clashing with my perfume.

~e

Thanks to a suggestion I read on this board early this summer when the Jergens product was not obtainable, I've created a do-it-yourself version that involves almost no fragrance. I take Neutrogena "Instant Bronze" foam self-tanner (which is nearly fragrance-free) and mix it about half-and-half with Lubriderm fragrance-free body lotion. For the face Neutrogena has an oil-free self-tanning lotion that won't clog pores, also called "Instant Bronze," which I mix with my regular facial moisturizer.

Carol Louise

Question on the Jergens Natural Glow. I was just looking at it at Wal Mart last night. Decided not to buy it. Was afraid it would streak and not be even like some of the Sunless tanning lotions. Can someone please advise? I am tanning at a salon now and would not want to mess it up and turn orange or start to streak? Any advice? Thanks

frankie&shirley,

I would suggest that you test it first on an area that won't be visible under your normal clothes. If you wear a bathing suit in the tanning bed/booth, an area that is still your natural skin color would be best. This way you'll know what to expect before you apply it anywhere that may be visible. It sounds as if some people have had the unfortunate experiece of turning orange from use. I've used self-tanners before, so I feel OK about starting out with this on my legs (I usually wear pants, but like a little color if I wear a skirt one day). One thing to think about though- from what I hear, this is probably not going to be as dark as your tanning sessions are making you. The Jergens is designed to give you a sun-kissed glow.

Now, on to my question.

I just bought my first tube of this stuff yesterday and will use it for the first time today after shaving my legs (for the exfoliation). I understand I'm supposed to use it every day for a gradual build-up of color, however, I do not shave my legs every day. With any previous tanners I've used, I always shaved my legs before using and I'm worried if I use this product on days I'm not shaving, it may streak because of the lack of fresh exfoliation.

Could those of you faithful users let me know if this might be a problem?

Thanks!

Archived