Captains dinner

lilm201

for the captains dinner it says you have to dress formal

i currently dont have a suit so i would have to buy one

so my question is do i have to wear a suit for the dinner or can i wear like a dress shirt and khakis??

I thought that dinner with the captain was by invitation only and only open to about 8 people each night.

On some lines, they call the first formal night the Captain's Gala Dinner. It doesn't mean you dine at his table, it's just how some lines reference the first formal.

OP, a shirt and khakis is not formal attire. At the very least you'll need a sport jacket and tie.

so my question is do i have to wear a suit for the dinner or can i wear like a dress shirt and khakis??

On Carnival a SUIT IS NOT REQUIRED though a sports coat is recommend but also not required. You'll be fine with a dress shirt and kakis.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Here's the link to check : http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=wear

Edited by xxoocruiser

My husband normally wears either a tux or black suit on formal nights on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Holland, Princess, and Norwegian, but he and our friend wore dress pants and collared shirt for formal nights on Carnival Glory last month. They were not the only ones without jackets.:) Shower, shave, and put your khakis and dress shirt on and have fun! :)