Taxi's

lhanson38

Hoping someone here can help me trying to decide if its better & less money to hire a car service rather than a taxi. 4 adults 4 carryon's 4 suitcases. From airport to our apt just off the rambla.

Car service is quoting 50.00 Eru so about 67.00 dollars

Thank you

Leigh

A standard sized taxi (€25-30) may be a bit tight for 4 of you plus luggage. You can get a larger sized taxi which would cost an extra €2.10 but you may have to wait a bit longer for one of those.

Is the €50 quoted for a standard size car or a larger vehicle? Do they know you are 4 adults plus luggage? If they do then, for the few extra Euros, I would go for the pre-booked private transfer.

A standard sized taxi (€25-30) may be a bit tight for 4 of you plus luggage. You can get a larger sized taxi which would cost an extra €2.10 but you may have to wait a bit longer for one of those.

Is the €50 quoted for a standard size car or a larger vehicle? Do they know you are 4 adults plus luggage? If they do then, for the few extra Euros, I would go for the pre-booked private transfer.

Yes the car service knows we will be 4 adults with 8 pices of luggage.

We just booked a car service in BCN to the apartment we rented for 6 of us with likely 6 pieces luggage and an electric scooter. We are paying 60€ for the transfer flat fee. We then have the same service booked to the port a couple days later for 54€. We debated about taxi vs car service and decided car service for our number us luggage was the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked a car service in BCN to the apartment we rented for 6 of us with likely 6 pieces luggage and an electric scooter. We are paying 60€ for the transfer flat fee. We then have the same service booked to the port a couple days later for 54€. We debated about taxi vs car service and decided car service for our number us luggage was the way to go.

Can I ask which company quoted €60 for 6 people plus luggage. That seems a good deal.

Airport transfers direct.

We also have them booked for the end of our cruise in Venice to take us from the port to airport. Only 4 of is are travelling that day and we were quoted 50€ for that ride. A lot more economical than the $79UDS pp the cruise line wants.

That cruise line transfer price is a total rip off. 2 persons could simply grab a taxi ( which can also handle their luggage) for about 16 Euros or about $22 per person. Hard to justify giving the cruise line more then 3 times the price so you can hang around the airport until they are ready to run a transfer bus.

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Forums