What are your Special places, eats on Maasdam

shops54

I've not been on the Maasdam. What are your favorite spots or out of the way places on the ship. Also are there special treats that HAL offers during the day? Also, what is the one thing not to miss? We're boarding in less than 2 days in Montreal and I'm a bit late researching this trip.

My late husband and I sailed Maasdam over 30 cruises and there isn't an inch of that ship we don't love. She so suits me in almost all ways. I love the large chest outside the upper level of the MDR where they display fabulous Delft. DH spent many weeks of his life on loungers at aft pool. He loved that area. Ocean Bar feels like home we've warmed those chairs and bar stools so many times. The Neptune Suite verandahs are very large and comfortable. The Murano glass pieces in Pinnacle are beautiful.

Clearly,,, I could go on and on........ :)

Our last cruise was on the Maasdam. Loved it so much we booked a 14 night one on her for next April. My favorite dinner was probably one of the formal nights when we got our food from the Lido and sat on the deck behind the Lido restaurant---we were the only ones out there. If you'd like to see more of our Maasdam trip, I blogged it here:

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2014/05/2014-april-11-22-maasdam-southern.html

We found out you can order free hot wings, potato skins,and a few other appetizers from the bar, Mix, from 11am-2pm, but we never thought about it during that time. The coffee bar (forget the name of it now) also had fancy little bite sized sandwiches and energy bars, cookies, ... for free.

The coffee bar is in Explorations Café which is in great location on Maasdam. On other ships, it is high up next to Crows Nest but Maasdam's is so convenient.

One of my favorite meals on Maasdam is formal night when they serve apricot glazed stuff quail. I find it delicious.

Our last cruise was on the Maasdam. Loved it so much we booked a 14 night one on her for next April. My favorite dinner was probably one of the formal nights when we got our food from the Lido and sat on the deck behind the Lido restaurant---we were the only ones out there. If you'd like to see more of our Maasdam trip, I blogged it here:

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2014/05/2014-april-11-22-maasdam-southern.html

We found out you can order free hot wings, potato skins,and a few other appetizers from the bar, Mix, from 11am-2pm, but we never thought about it during that time. The coffee bar (forget the name of it now) also had fancy little bite sized sandwiches and energy bars, cookies, ... for free.

Sue, would you mind if I posted your blog site on my roll call? I'm sure there are many who would like to see your wonderful photos. Actually, we are going to be in 053 (unless they give us a fantastic upgrade!:D) which will be under the Lido overhang, so that's not so great, just hope it's not going to be noisy.