A question on SD cards

katie11

Katie,

Also, can you purchase from the US Amazon and have them shipped to NSW? Is the cost about the same?

Steve

Yes Steve, I can and have purchased from Amazon and the postage for 3 cards was US$5.47. Amazing, as here, it is double that.:(

Don,

I realize mine aren't backed up...........until I get home to a computer. I don't own a laptop so don't have one on board to back up there. At home they are on a computer, on two back up external hard drives and on DVD's. The point of multiple cards is to not lose everything in ONE card is lost, damaged etc. The odds of ALL of my cards being corrupt or damaged unless I lose my suitcase are not that great.

I took just over 1000 pics on my cruise and all are safe and sound in many places.

Don,

I realize mine aren't backed up...........until I get home to a computer. I don't own a laptop so don't have one on board to back up there. At home they are on a computer, on two back up external hard drives and on DVD's. The point of multiple cards is to not lose everything in ONE card is lost, damaged etc. The odds of ALL of my cards being corrupt or damaged unless I lose my suitcase are not that great.

I took just over 1000 pics on my cruise and all are safe and sound in many places.

I bring a tablet on board. I do a daily copy to the tablet. I then copy it to 2 flash drives. This means that it is in 3 places or 4 if I take multiple flash drives to use your daily card scenario. I do like that idea.

DON