Amarone?

Jeff&Mel

You can carry on two bottles per stateroom. Bring it in your carry-on luggage. If you pack it in your checked luggage they will not release your bag and you will have to go pick it up once you show them you're not trying to smuggle in something other than wine.

I do not remember seeing Amarone on the wine list, but do a search here on the board, someone may have posted pics of the full wine list.

We are traveling soon on the Celebrity Infinity.

Does this ship carry Amarone? If not- how do I carry on wine?

TIA

Yes they do have Amarone. Last cruise they had Allegrini and it was delicious.

I like your choice in wine - you bring two bottles, I will bring two bottles and we have something special to enjoy! I think I now need to find a great wine store in London prior to cruise so I can bring on something I really love! Thanks for the idea!

Wife & I were at a Ruth's Chris for birthdays dinner (ours are one day apart), we only ordered a half bottle because of driving etc. Of course they were out of that so he suggested Amarone, which was new to me.

It was wonderful, then the bill came and it was around $75 for the half bottle! Have never had it since unfortunately, even in the stores locally it's over $60/btl (Masi).

Our next trip on =X= we'll have 123GO package so thinking of upgrading one so we can pay the difference & try it again :)

It was wonderful, then the bill came and it was around $75 for the half bottle! Have never had it since unfortunately, even in the stores locally it's over $60/btl (Masi).

Amarone is a wine made in the Valpolicella region of Italy from grapes which have been partially dried - the drying of the grapes concentrates the sugars (resulting in fullness of body) and flavours of the grapes hence producing a very full bodied, full flavoured wine. As you point out, the price of Amarone puts it out of reach of most to drink as an everyday wine - there is, however, a lower priced option.

A Valpolicella made in the "Ripasso" style is Valpolicella wine which is allowed to spend some time "resting" on the remains of the grapes which have been pressed to make Amarone. While definitely NOT Amarone, a good Ripasso wine will offer a hint of the unique character of Amarone at a fraction of the price - the wines are typically somewhat "lighter" too so, more suitable for warm weather drinking.

Here's a link to an article which suggests some decent examples: http://www.winewordswisdom.com/wine_reviews/ripasso-wines.html

(sorry, I don't know if any are offered on Celebrity ships)

- there is, however, a lower priced option.

A Valpolicella made in the "Ripasso" style is Valpolicella wine which is allowed to spend some time "resting" on the remains of the grapes which have been pressed to make Amarone. While definitely NOT Amarone, a good Ripasso

Thanks, I'll look for it:D

I like your choice in wine - you bring two bottles, I will bring two bottles and we have something special to enjoy! I think I now need to find a great wine store in London prior to cruise so I can bring on something I really love! Thanks for the idea!

When are you cruising? I am on the infinity 8/4