Tell me about Jiji's

kelkel2

What is it really? I mean I understand that it's Asian but am I right in thinking it's free for lunch? What does it have to offer? Did you think it was any good? I'm no really hearing anyone mention much about it.

Lunch time it is a Mongolian wok. Dinner is for pay and it is great. Each food item is from different parts of Asia. Its a real treat. Next cruise I'm going there at least two times.

Edited by geovet

Lunch time it is a Mongolian sock. Dinner is for pay and it is great. Each food item is from different parts of Asia. Its a real treat. Next cruise I'm going there at least two times.

Do you remember how much it costs? Carnival's website doesn't say much about it...

We ate there one night ($12) on the Sunshine and it was great!! The food was more than plentiful and so good. Presentation was unique and the service was good~ I would love to go again....well worth the money!

The Jiji experience is all about sharing. It is the Asian way. If there are two or three of you, you will each choose a dish from each course and you will share all the dishes. If there a few more, ( not sure what the # would be , maybe 6 or more) then they may bring out one of everything on the menu so everyone can have a taste of every dish.:)

We ate dinner at JiJi's and loved it! I totally recommend it. The food was delicious.

I talk about our experience in the review that is listed in my signature. It starts at post 58 if you are interested.

I love your signature, and what a year for you! Good luck and hopefully it won't be too long before you're back on a cruise :)

We had JiJi's for both lunch and dinner on the Sunshine as well and really enjoyed it, although we have to say that our $12 dinner at Cucina was way better. Probably our most memorable meal on all of our cruises, including the steakhouse. Maybe we just had a super excellent chef that night :p

We definitely recommend JiJis! It's the best for pay restaurant we've been to, besides the steakhouse. We did both JiJis and the Cuncina within the first three days of our 8 day cruise and we enjoyed JiJi's so much that we went again on another night. Our 2 1/2 year old loved it as well and he's a picky eater. The Cucina was good too, but we weren't impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love your signature, and what a year for you! Good luck and hopefully it won't be too long before you're back on a cruise :)

We had JiJi's for both lunch and dinner on the Sunshine as well and really enjoyed it, although we have to say that our $12 dinner at Cucina was way better. Probably our most memorable meal on all of our cruises, including the steakhouse. Maybe we just had a super excellent chef that night :p

Thank you! We do plan to take Baby with us when we can cruise again. We are eyeing on out of Port Canaveral in early 2016. (We have family in Orlando so we get to visit family and then jump on a cruiseship!)

Thanks everyone! Refreshingly different is why i picked the sunshine to begin with! I liked that the devon had changed and it had more of the Breeze decor and style to it.

Thanks for pointing out your Sunshine review. I'm going to read it now. Always looking for tips and pictures!

I agree with the opinions here.....we just got off the Sunshine this morning. We ate at JiJi's the first night and could not wait to go back. Although we also ate at the steakhouse once....JiJi's was at least as good if not better. We went back for our last night....fantastic and easily worth the surcharge! (Don't miss the pork belly appetizer...I'm going to dream about that stuff! 😊)

We are going on the Sunshine in Sept. and would like to eat at Cucina and JiJi. Should we make reservations right when we get on board or can we wait and see what the MDR menu is for that night then decide when to go? Do they get overly crowded?