A little help

Suska_83

My family and I are going on Freedom in a couple of weeks and this is one of the stops. I want to book and excursion( preferably with thru Royal) to Tortola dolphin swim, but on the website it says 6 1/2 hours long, we are in the island for 7 hrs and I want to do some shopping as well. I have not booked it because we don't want to do JUST that. I have done this excursion before when I cruised with Carnival and it did not take this long and we were in the island for less time. If anyone has done this excursion with Royal, Is it really 6 1/2 hours long? what makes it that long? I read the details on the RCCL website and it's not very clear. Your imput would be greatly appreciated :)

You said you have done this excursion before. Was it from St Thomas to Tortola? If the description says 6.5 hours, I think you should expect it to last that long. If the excursion isn't as long as described, someone is likely to complain.

You said you have done this excursion before. Was it from St Thomas to Tortola? If the description says 6.5 hours, I think you should expect it to last that long. If the excursion isn't as long as described, someone is likely to complain.

Yes I did it with Carnival 3 yrs ago, and it departed from St. Thomas, transportation included. Same excursion. And we were in the USVI for less time than RCCL. That's why I don't get why its so long. If it is that long then we will be doing something else.

The dolphin swim is also marketed to hotel guests, so it may be more crowded now than a few years ago.

Try the sea lion swim at Coral World. Lots of fun and gives you plenty of time to do something else. The sea lions are rescues so less controversy than dolphins.

The dolphin swim is also marketed to hotel guests, so it may be more crowded now than a few years ago.

Try the sea lion swim at Coral World. Lots of fun and gives you plenty of time to do something else. The sea lions are rescues so less controversy than dolphins.

I'll talk it over with my siblings, I just looked at the excursion and it looks good. Thanks for the suggestion.

Trust me. You'll be in love with those sea lions. Coral World offers a sea lion talk on land which is included in your admission, but to have one on one access with them is so much better. I now better appreciate animal trainers after doing both sea lion activities.

You're making a very good choice for this cruise and what you want! :)

On another cruise at some point you'll be able to find a more convenient place to the "Dolphin Thing"!

Have a Great Time! :D

LuLu

Yeah , I talked it over with my siblings and they are interested, so We'll be doing that :)

The dolphin swims are in jeopardy. I read today that one in the Bahamas was closed down by the courts. Very controversial.

I can see why, they are wild animals and to have then "caged" and perform for people cannot be a good thing. we will be doing the one you suggested. Thanks a lot!!!