Getaway Dress in Specialty Dining

kevin1877

Don't beat me up but I have a "jeans / shorts" question.

I have never cruised "Freestyle" before, and always dress up during dinner, but I wanted to dress down for a change on my upcoming NCL cruise. I know shorts and jeans are allowed in the buffet / free dining rooms etc, but what about the paid dinners?

Cagneys, Tepenyaki etc?

What has been you guys experience before?

The dress code is the same in every dining room, except Le Bistro and one of the main dining rooms.

You are actually incorrect to say that shorts are allowed in the free places, because they aren't in one of them (Tropicana Room on the Getaway). They are allowed everywhere else, other than Le Bistro, including specialities.

Decent Jeans are allowed everywhere.

Having said that, whilst you wouldn't be out of place in Taste or Savor wearing shorts, you would be in Cagneys for example. It's allowed, but people do tend to dress up more for those venues.

Here's the link to the NCL website:

http://www.ncl.com/faq#packing

Edited by KeithJenner

The dress code is the same in every dining room, except Le Bistro and one of the main dining rooms.

You are actually incorrect to say that shorts are allowed in the free places, because they aren't in one of them (Tropicana Room on the Getaway). They are allowed everywhere else, other than Le Bistro, including specialities.

Decent Jeans are allowed everywhere.

Having said that, whilst you wouldn't be out of place in Taste or Savor wearing shorts, you would be in Cagneys for example. It's allowed, but people do tend to dress up more for those venues.

Here's the link to the NCL website:

http://www.ncl.com/faq#packing

Thank you very much for answering my question. I have to admit I was expecting to get beat up over asking about jeans and shorts

This will be the only cruise I have ever taken that I want to dress "down" most of the time. Im bringing ONE nice tie / slacks outfit and 2 polo shirts to wear at Cagneys and Bistro.

I want to be "resort casual" the rest of the nights. I am tired of wearing suits etc.

good question been wondering that too , i would like to pack rather light this trip, no high heels

My DW is packing sundresses and ONE "dress up dress". But then again she could wear a tshirt and sweat pants and be the best looking girl in the room :D

Thank you very much for answering my question. I have to admit I was expecting to get beat up over asking about jeans and shorts

Wear what you want. I'm too busy concentrating on enjoying myself to worry about something as insignificant as what other people are wearing. :)

My DD and I plan on getting dressed up each night! First ever trip as Mom and Daughter by ourselves and we both tend to dress up, but won't worry if no one elase is as it is "freestyle"!

snow bunny

We have always been Mom and DD, just never traveled just the two of us!!!

Edited by snow bunny

This will be the only cruise I have ever taken that I want to dress "down" most of the time. Im bringing ONE nice tie / slacks outfit and 2 polo shirts to wear at Cagneys and Bistro.

I want to be "resort casual" the rest of the nights. I am tired of wearing suits etc.

Hi Kevin,

Though it doesn't take up much room, you can leave the tie at home as well. Not needed in any of the venues, but there is a dress up or not night, when people can get dressed up for photos. Hate my photo taken, so have never felt an urge to have anything beyond casual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Resort casual is acceptable everywhere on the ship.