Questions about cruise out of Japan

Posaune

I am just starting to look into a cruise out of Japan that would include Busan, Korea. My nephew is a teacher in Busan, married to a girl from China and they have a new son I would love to see. As you can see below I have cruised several times in Europe and done many land tours in addition, but this is new territory for me. I need hints about the airport, where to stay in Tokyo, how far is the port, what is the port like in Busan, have the cabins been refitted for the Japanese market, etc. etc......... And talk about an expensive flight from Atlanta!

I am just starting to look into a cruise out of Japan that would include Busan, Korea. My nephew is a teacher in Busan, married to a girl from China and they have a new son I would love to see. As you can see below I have cruised several times in Europe and done many land tours in addition, but this is new territory for me. I need hints about the airport, where to stay in Tokyo, how far is the port, what is the port like in Busan, have the cabins been refitted for the Japanese market, etc. etc......... And talk about an expensive flight from Atlanta!

I might suggest that you fly into Haneda Airport if possible as it is close to the port in Yokohama as well as being close to downtown Tokyo. The main airport, Narita, is about 60 miles from the cruise port. You can find these places on Google Maps.

Last year the shuttle was free to Busan. Made two stops, one at the observation tower, and one across from the fish market.

Suggest you go to Asia port site under ports and check out. NRT airport is a long way from the port. Transfer, by limo bus, great to Yokohama railstation, easy taxi ride to port. I can be done with public transit, but it can be a bit taxing. Also once you have your cruise picked out go to roll call.

Also suggest a set mealtime as there was only one dinning room for English speakers.