James Taylor?

Tess of the Sea

I should have my niece join and write her own questions, but here's one more. She is asking me what I thought about the James Taylor crossing in August. I know nothing about it. Does anyone here know about it?

I assume there will be a concert. James Taylor is well beyond my niece's generation, but she seems to think a concert crossing would be cool.

Anyone here on that crossing who can enlighten her? Thanks.

Here are a few more details about the 27 August crossing with James Taylor.

Transatlantic Crossing featuring special performances by James Taylor and Band

James Taylor will present two concerts aboard QUEEN MARY 2's 27 August 2014 8-day Transatlantic Crossing from New York to Southampton, England.

During the Transatlantic Crossing, guests will have the chance to join a live Q&A interview, where

Mr. Taylor will talk about his award-winning career.

This information and additional biographical information about James Taylor can be found on the Specialty Cruises page of cunard.com at

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-types/speciality-cruises/?view=8215#tabbedModule6305

Regards,

John.

Who is James Taylor?

David.

Seriously? He is one of my all-time favorite singers. I would have taken the cruise just to see him, but am already booked on a Baltic cruise at that time.

Fortunately for us Lord Jeffrey Archer, who is one of our favorite authors, will be on our cruise so we are looking forward to his presentations.

Who is James Taylor?

David.

Seriously?

One of the most famous and amazing singer/song writers of the 70's & 80's. Generally described as a mix of folk & light rock and or "easy listening" style.

You really haven't heard of James Taylor - Fire & Rain, Sweet Baby James etc etc - isn't he married to Carly Simon too? (Sorry, put Carole King first, senior moment,)

Edited by Pies4u

I was lucky to be onboard QM2 a few years ago when James Taylor, his family and band were crossing. He performed two concerts, each one timed to accommodate the early and late dinner sittings.

He performed many of his hits and gave a little background info to some of his better known songs. I thoroughly enjoyed his concert and it was one of the highlights of my transatlantic crossings. I can remember looking around the audience with the men in black tie and the women in evening wear and wondered what James Taylor was making of his smartly attired audience.

During the day he also did a question and answer session, I think it was held in the theatre, to a packed audience.

James forthcoming show is a bonus again for me as I booked this crossing without realising he was appearing. I can't wait.

Here are a few more details about the 27 August crossing with James Taylor.

Transatlantic Crossing featuring special performances by James Taylor and Band

James Taylor will present two concerts aboard QUEEN MARY 2's 27 August 2014 8-day Transatlantic Crossing from New York to Southampton, England.

During the Transatlantic Crossing, guests will have the chance to join a live Q&A interview, where

Mr. Taylor will talk about his award-winning career.

This information and additional biographical information about James Taylor can be found on the Specialty Cruises page of cunard.com at

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-types/speciality-cruises/?view=8215#tabbedModule6305

Regards,

John.

Thanks for that John myself and my husband will be on this voyage.

Looking forward to it

Catherine

Who is James Taylor?

David.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Well he is the brother of another talented singer and guitarist, Livingston Taylor, who I had the pleasure of meeting once while we both happened to be re-fueling our respective private planes in New Jersey.

Anyway, James was once married to Carly Simon, and please don't ask who she is! Another great singer and part of the Simon & Schuster publishing giant.

Here's an example of one of Taylors top hits:

And another:

Needless to say he is not "rock 'n roll".

Edited by loubetti

We booked this cruise because the schedule suited us and found out later that Taylor would be on board. I am not an especial fan but Himself is pleased by the opportunity to see him in a small venue for a concert and lecture.

The literature Cunard sent me made the note that, while there would be two performances, each passenger would be afforded one opportunity to attend, so going to both concerts will not be the usual drill.

If she want s to go she should book sooner, this one has been filling up and cabin selection is pretty thin at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Why are some people surprised that someone might ask who James Taylor is? Do you actually think no one has different tastes than you? I admit some of the songs mentioned I did recall when I searched them on you tube. But the name didn't ring a bell. And likely won't next week. I was about 20 when he was apparently famous. To some people. Carly Simon? That's a more unique name and I remember it but I wouldn't remember any thing she did. If I search I might.