Price jumped with transferred booking

similar thing can happen when you put a booking hold on a cabin during a sale and then fully book it with a NCC/FCC. They tend to show the non sale price once the certificate is added then an email invoice (in my case twice) showing higher pricing until accounts can alter the price back to sale price with certificate and OBC added then you get the correct booking details a week or 2 later:)

It will be interesting to see how I go trying to add another person to my solo booking under BOGOHO sale. I have some interest in one of my cruises.

Good luck with adding a second person to your booking!

I made 2 solo bookings during the BOGOHO sale & asked about adding a second person closer to sail date.

Both times I was informed that the price would depend on the current price at the time which are currently showing approximately double the original booking price :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just spoke with the supervisor, who got it all fixed! Was kinda hoping for that upgrade instead, though :)

Glad it worked out for you. Now don't even log into Royal's website or you'll be back where you started!:eek:

During the BOGOHO sale, I made a booking using a pre-2013 NextCruise booking that included the friends and family certificates. While I was on the phone with the Crown & Anchor representative, I went ahead and made the two extra reservations. Although I had the $100 onboard credit applied to our booking, she couldn't apply the onboard credit to the other two bookings until they received the certificates. So, I mailed them off.

A couple months later, shortly after the BOGOHO sale ended, I called Royal Caribbean to inquire about the onboard credit for the other two bookings. The representative said that the credit had not been applied, but verified that they qualified for it. She, however, couldn't put the credit on herself as that would reprice those bookings to the current rates. She needed to refer this issue to someone else (who apparently worked in an adjacent cubicle, but was away from her desk at that moment). About half an hour later, I received updated "Guest Copy" PDFs showing the original pricing with the onboard credit included.

I'm glad that Royal Caribbean can resolve these things via a few extra steps, but I'm disappointed that they've made it much more difficult for the representatives to be able to handle this sort of thing themselves.

I'll be interested to hear too, if you don't mind posting. My guess is that your price changes to what the first person was being charged during the BOGOHO sale, and the additional person will be charged current pricing.

Bob you are right!

They want the current price of a cabin to add the 2ND person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bob you are right!

They want the current price of a cabin to add the 2ND person.

What happens to your price (the original single person price)?

Edited by clarea

What happens to your price (the original single person price)?

Bob, It is repriced as a new booking for two. When I booked during the BOGOHO I was told the price for adding a second person in the cabin before final payment was just the additional taxes/port fees, trip protection and gratuities. When I called last week I was told the entire booking for two would be almost double the single fair I had booked. When I checked on line yesterday the fare increased an additional $300 for two since last Friday.

Bob, It is repriced as a new booking for two. When I booked during the BOGOHO I was told the price for adding a second person in the cabin before final payment was just the additional taxes/port fees, trip protection and gratuities. When I called last week I was told the entire booking for two would be almost double the single fair I had booked. When I checked on line yesterday the fare increased an additional $300 for two since last Friday.

Wow, repricing as a new booking for two is very painful.:eek:

Just thinking about any future BOGOHO situations, I wonder if there would be any difference in booking two people initially, and then cancelling (or no-showing) the second person if they could not go.

Just thinking about any future BOGOHO situations, I wonder if there would be any difference in booking two people initially, and then cancelling (or no-showing) the second person if they could not go.

Good question.

No doubt as time goes by we will hear more about these situations on Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm glad that I was able to get one of my BOGOHO bookings as one person with a TBA for the second person before they stopped allowing that. Repricing that booking would be quite disappointing.

I'm glad that I was able to get one of my BOGOHO bookings as one person with a TBA for the second person before they stopped allowing that. Repricing that booking would be quite disappointing.

That was the point of my poorly worded question above. I'm thinking that if a single is booking now, they should book it with some other person's name (that could be changed later) as the second guest rather than booking it as a single. At least that freezes the price for the potential second guest. I just don't know if there's a downside.

Edited by clarea

I'm thinking that if a single is booking now, they should book it with some other person's name (that could be changed later) as the second guest rather than booking it as a single.

Right, but the question is whether they can. That's what I meant by being glad that I "was able to get" it done that way.

I thought I had read that relatively early on in the BOGOHO sale, they stopped permitting TBAs for second passengers, instead requiring either a solo booking or a real second passenger name to be listed.

Right, but the question is whether they can. That's what I meant by being glad that I "was able to get" it done that way.

I thought I had read that relatively early on in the BOGOHO sale, they stopped permitting TBAs for second passengers, instead requiring either a solo booking or a real second passenger name to be listed.

That's what I meant using, some real person's name and birthdate for the second guest, rather than a TBA.