Tuxedo Rentals

Cozzette2

No, Drew has his own tuxedo that he carries. I have no idea about their charges or what they offer. If you cruise a lot, I would suggest buying a tuxedo. There are some really nice ones out there and they probably aren't much more than renting. Check JC Penny, they were having a sale on their tuxedos a few days ago.

We haven't tried the rental service on Princess, but we have used the same rental company on Holland America and Carnival - they are www.cruiselineformal.com and have been very happy with their tuxedos. DH rented from them 3 times before he purchased his own tux, and only once was there an alteration needed to shorten the pants. It was done within 30 minutes of calling the front desk. Be sure to try the jacket and pants on as soon as possible to allow for any alterations that might be required. Also, check the shirt size to make sure it's correct - our son-in-law didn't and nearly choked the first night, as the shirt was too tight.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Pricing seems pretty high. we are thinking we would do better to just buy something and then we will have it for future events. My husband purchased his at Pennys on a decent sale a few years back. We will keep watching for some sales

Pricing seems pretty high. we are thinking we would do better to just buy something and then we will have it for future events. My husband purchased his at Pennys on a decent sale a few years back. We will keep watching for some sales

Just curious what they are wanting to charge? I looked into it for our RCI cruise in a couple of weeks. Because I have lost a lot of weight (and am only halfway to my goal) the suit I wore last time doesn't fit. Since I rarely wear a suit renting a tux on the ship was actually less than a decent looking suit and dress shirt..both of which won't fit very long. On RCI, a plain black tux, cumberbun, studs, etc. and two shirts is $90. Right before I was going to place the order I had a need for a suit at home so I broke down and bought a suit. Now I will just wear it on formal night.

Pricing seems pretty high.

Way less than if you have to rent one for a wedding! And when you consider you get the whole outfit (jacket, pants, 2 shirts, tie, cummerbund, studs) for the entire duration of the cruise, it seems pretty economical to me. No packing, no storing, no cleaning - makes sense if you don't already own one.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)