Do Celebrity Suites on Eclipse have a DVD player

BermudaMom

Can anyone tell me if a Celebrity Suite on the Eclipse has a DVD player please? I've looked on Celebrity's site and done a search in this forum but can't seem to find anything definitive. Husband seems to think there was one when we were on it last fall but is not sure. Will be on there for two weeks in early October and am wondering about taking some DVDs along for sea days. Would appreciate it if anyone can confirm one way or the other.

No. I'm not sure if any of there X ships have them pre-installed any more. I know the PH does not on either M or S class. I could see on the M class where it USED to be.

I have read that you can contact guest services and have one delivered and installed however, but have no experience in doing this. I did notice in the PH, there did have cable extenders hanging out the side of the TV to allow for the simple installation of one if needed. My butler said if I wanted something connected, to let him know and he'd send engineering up.

My last DVD player I bought for $19.95 at Best Buy (clearly cheap no frills model, very small) and had a $20 rebate. So I made 5 cent profit. :D Maybe look to get one of those if you travel a lot, or have for a spare, to be safe.

Pictures which may or may not be helpful. The apple device is below the main tv in the cabinet. There were a lot of cable going to the tv and elsewhere. From eclipse, april 2014, celebrity suite. The tv without usb is the one in the bedroom. We did not have a dvd anywhere. I took these to try and figure it out for my next trip.

ImageUploadedByForums1406511817.166719.jpg.0590f6831d6f039666a4c080edbfe971.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406511835.349419.jpg.64755ae32093863575b9c573f6ba99fa.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406511846.634161.jpg.cc3842380d9bb6aadd58c8fb26be1464.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last twice in RS we just asked the butler to get a DVD player installed and hey presto! it was done. You can probably do the same in a CS.

One of them worked fine and was pretty new, the second looked like it had been rooted out from the crew quarters and was older than me. But no complaints, the service was just great.

You can also pre-request if you contact the suites only help line in Miami (your TA will have the number), but it's a bit hit and miss and if it fails, the butler can fix it up.