Question for Copper John....

innlady1

Hello John!

A question for you: Is it true that Mark Pells has gone to the Westerdam as of July 19?

We've cruised with him a number of times on the Noordam and in February, he assured me that he'd be on the Noordam in October for our TA cruise. But then this scuttlebutt is circulating that he's gone on to the Westie...

As I recall, a while ago, someone on the Roll Call said that a Ron Botenbal (something like that) would be our Hotel Director.

I'm doing the M & G for the TA and he always does a wonderful job for CC events...so I'm very curious!

Edited by innlady1

Hello John!

A question for you: Is it true that Mark Pells has gone to the Westerdam as of July 19?

We've cruised with him a number of times on the Noordam and in February, he assured me that he'd be on the Noordam in October for our TA cruise. But then this scuttlebutt is circulating that he's gone on to the Westie...

As I recall, a while ago, someone on the Roll Call said that a Ron Botenbal (something like that) would be our Hotel Director.

I'm doing the M & G for the TA and he always does a wonderful job for CC events...so I'm very curious!

I think maybe Ron Botenbal has moved to Noordam.

Hello John!

Hello Sheila;

Yes, Mark Pells is now WEDM's HD and, as S7S mentioned, Ron Bontenbal is now on NODM where he replaced Mr. Pells

Hello Copper. I wonder if you know who the captain, hotel manager, dining room manager and beverage manager will be for the Rotterday Africa cruise September 27. Thank you

Hello I want to Bat............... cleanup? ;)

Scheduled on RTDM for that voyage are:

Capt. Hans Mateboer, the author

HD Bert van Mackelenbergh

DRM Ozgur Turnuklu

BM Tinus van Schoor

Always scheduled to change!

Hello I want to Bat............... cleanup? ;)

Scheduled on RTDM for that voyage are:

Capt. Hans Mateboer, the author

HD Bert van Mackelenbergh

DRM Ozgur Turnuklu

BM Tinus van Schoor

Always scheduled to change!

Thanks! It will be interesting to see how many ports get substituted on this cruise. Nothing like heading for the hot spots. And, no- definitely no cleanup. Lol

I think maybe Ron Botenbal has moved to Noordam.

That's what I've heard, Judy. We're doing the TA in October, and in February, Mark told me he'd be there. So this was not expected back then.

Edited by innlady1

Hello Sheila;

Yes, Mark Pells is now WEDM's HD and, as S7S mentioned, Ron Bontenbal is now on NODM where he replaced Mr. Pells

We've cruised several times on Noordam with Mark (he's from Cape Cod so we had chats about that...from the town next to where my parents lived). Don't know Mr. Bontenbal though.

Thanks for the confirmation, John!

We've cruised several times on Noordam with Mark (he's from Cape Cod so we had chats about that...from the town next to where my parents lived). Don't know Mr. Bontenbal though.

Thanks for the confirmation, John!

Ron Bontenbal has been the resident Hotel Manager on WEDM for over seven years. In fact, he was HM during our honeymoon cruise in the fall of 2006. One of HAL's best HMs, without question.

Ron Bontenbal has been the resident Hotel Manager on WEDM for over seven years. In fact, he was HM during our honeymoon cruise in the fall of 2006. One of HAL's best HMs, without question.

We sailed with him on the Westerdam in 2008. Very capable hotel manger.

Pells was with us on a previous cruise, he is a good time, liked to take part in the dance parties in the late evening.