Taxi from FLL to Miami

katydyd

Thanks for the quick reply, folks! DH and I just booked for 9/30 on the Majesty for my b-day weekend. Since we're doing this on impulse we want to keep the costs down (Got flights for free on rewards points). I guess we'll end up buying the RCCL transfers and save the extra $$ for drinking...;-)

car rental is cheaper

You bet, we rented a PT cruiser from Alamo on a Friday afternoon (6/3) for $40. Turned it in at the Miami airport location the next morning and they gave us a free shuttle ride to the port! If you are going a day early, get a car. Then you can cruise down to South Beach and you won't be tied to your hotel all evening.

This is what we are doing. We too booked the Majesty for our 15 year wedding anniversay at the last minute. We are going 10/7. We have lots of big vactions next year so wanted to keep costs down. I found a thread where some people used Larry's Limo and this is the quote they gave me, R/T FLL to the Port of Miami:

Thanks for your inquiry.The rate for a stretch limo would be 75.00 plus a

>20% gratuity for the driver..Return service would be 90.00 plus the

>gratuity..If you choose a lincoln towncar sedan the rates would be 20.00

>less each way.For any further info please feel free to call us at 1800-611-6631

>

>Thanks again

I think this is what I will be doing instead of a cab.

Have fun on your trip!

Guest cruzr44
Has anyone out there taken a cab from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the port in Miami? If you have, can you remember the cost? Thanks for any help.

Another option is the Airport Shuttle. Just go curbside and look for the white vans that say airport shuttle. The cost was $17pp and they take you right to your hotel or to the port.

If you're going directly to the ship (as we are) the reputed advantage of using the RC transfer (~$40 p/p, r/t) is that you give them your luggage at FLL and don't see it again until it gets brought up to your cabin. Sounds better than lugging it around while waiting to get on the ship. I guess the down-side is waiting at the airport while they fill up a bus.

Even so, a limo or town car sounds pretty nice!

Forget the taxis, AND the RCI transfers!... Depending on the size of your party, the cheapest way is usually to either rent a car, OR take TRI-COUNTY Transportation's AIRPORT EXPRESS shared van service... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Larry's Limo is another option... http://larryslimo.com/

Both are reliable, reputable local companies.

If you're going directly to the ship (as we are) the reputed advantage of using the RC transfer (~$40 p/p, r/t) is that you give them your luggage at FLL and don't see it again until it gets brought up to your cabin. Sounds better than lugging it around while waiting to get on the ship. I guess the down-side is waiting at the airport while they fill up a bus.

You don't have to lug your luggage around! If you take a limo or van service put it on a cart and wheel it out to the curb at FLL and they'll take it from there. When you get to the port, the driver will take it out and give it to the porter.

As reported above, the van service from FLL to the Port of Miami is $17 per person, less money, and a lot more convenient than RCI's busses!

Wow....thanks everyone! You all have given me a lot to think about. The limo prices are a little high for me. However, the car rental idea is interesting. We're heading straight from airport to ship (no extra days this trip). Luggage isn't a problem....we're making it a backpack weekend. DH and I are both platinum C&A members and have done the RCCL transfers in the past...but hate waiting for the bus to leave (we're impatient people). I think I'll look into the cost of two one-way rentals.

Guest cruzr44
When you take the van service coming down, how do you go back to FLL at the end of the cruise?

Unfortunately the Airport shuttle is not available for the return trip. We had a town car waiting ($80 included tip). If I had to do it again I would probably just grab one of the gazillion cabs. Our town car was not there at the time we requested and if it was I probably would not have been able to find it anyway. A taxi was $65 plus tip.

Archived