Boarding Time Divina?

MarkE

What time do they start boarding on the Divina? We like to arrive early so we can get familar with the ship layout. Our info pack says 4:00 pm that cannot be correct I hope.

What time do they start boarding on the Divina? We like to arrive early so we can get familar with the ship layout. Our info pack says 4:00 pm that cannot be correct I hope.

MarkE,,depending on the time they clear the ship, you can usually start embarking the ship between 11:00am and 12:00pm. Unless you are sailing in the Yacht Club, you may want to arrive to the pier an hour or so before then to avoid the long check-in lines.:)

The official time is always 3 hours before sailing but you can get on several hours before thai would not arrive before 11 or you will just have a long wait to get on.

MarkE,,depending on the time they clear the ship, you can usually start embarking the ship between 11:00am and 12:00pm. Unless you are sailing in the Yacht Club, you may want to arrive to the pier an hour or so before then to avoid the long check-in lines.:)

I agree, we try and arrive around 11:00.

• 1 year later...
Thanks! That's what I figured ... but thought I'd check since the boarding & sailing times are later than normal (for me). :)

The later sailing time is to accommodate flights coming in from Europe, which tend to land in the afternoon. They've been known to hold up the sailing time when a flight they've used for their fly/cruise packages land late. I was on one such flight, three hours late coming in from London. There were around 25-30 of us booked on that flight by MSC. I was the last up the gangplank and they were pulling it up right at the back of me. Engines were running and they cast off in less than 5 minutes of my feet being onboard. We were around 30-45 minutes late out of port.

Just off Divina 18 days ago :( we arrived at 1 pm and stood in line for over an hour, it was a bit annoying - but we went straight to the Manitou buffet for a great lunch, and then straight to our cabin where our luggage arrived shortly thereafter. We were unpacked and ready for Muster at 5. We loved Divina!