Which side of ship when in port?

roberooski

Going to be booking the Glory in March when it goes to Key West and Cozumel. I'm going to book a balcony room and was trying to find information about which side of the ship will face the land when in port. I've looked here on CC but didn't find what I was searching for.

Does anyone know either where I can find the information or which side of the ship will face the land at which port?

Thanks!

With these ports it is really hard to say, usually port side has the best.

But for my up coming cruise I really want to be on the port side. Every time we have been to half moon cay and grand turk the port side faces land.

Going to be booking the Glory in March when it goes to Key West and Cozumel. I'm going to book a balcony room and was trying to find information about which side of the ship will face the land when in port. I've looked here on CC but didn't find what I was searching for.

Does anyone know either where I can find the information or which side of the ship will face the land at which port?

Thanks!

It depends on which way the ship is docked. It may sometimes be docked bow first, which means the cabins on the Port side would be facing land. If the ship is docked Aft end first, then the cabins on the starboard side would be facing land.

Flip a coin. It all depends on what other ships are in port that day, what order they get there, and which berth the port people decide to put you at. There's no set rule for docking. The ship doesn't even know exactly where they will be parking until that day.

agreed. And if you are facing out to sea go up on lido and watch the ship go into port.

The ships dock in Key West with the starboard side (right side of the ship) facing the city. If you dock at Duvaull St. You will see the city. If you dock at the Navy pier theres not much to see. As for Cozumel, Carnival docks at Puerta Maya. The ships pull straight in, with the tourist area to the port side of the ship ( to the left). If you get there with a ship already docked on the left side of the pier you will not see too much.

Starboard side Key West

Port side Cozumel

There is always that chance that another ship will be docked on the other side of your ship if it docks at a pier. If a ship anchors out to sea like at Grand Cayman, Belieze, Half Moon Cay, the ship kind of swings around the anchor.

With these ports it is really hard to say, usually port side has the best.

But for my up coming cruise I really want to be on the port side. Every time we have been to half moon cay and grand turk the port side faces land.

Ships at HMC only drop anchor, so the ship can and does turn on the tide.