bermuda weather next week!!!!!

lulu99

I know i shouldn't have....but i checked the forecast for our three days in bermuda next week. not looking good!!! "tons of rain" was the forecast.(wednesday thurs and fri) anyone else hear the same? or anything different? :(

I know i shouldn't have....but i checked the forecast for our three days in bermuda next week. not looking good!!! "tons of rain" was the forecast.(wednesday thurs and fri) anyone else hear the same? or anything different? :(

Well, as far as I can tell from my research, the buses and ferries still run in the rain. And, according to my Moon Handbooks Bermuda guide, there are some outstanding museums in Bermuda, as well as a world-class Aquarium. Pretty sure that the restaurants and pubs will be open, too! :p

Not being a smart-aleck here ;) -- just a pragmatic person from the Pacific Northwest. Up here, you always have to be armed with an umbrella, as well as an alternate plan, when you venture outdoors. We are headed to Bermuda for 3 days (Summit) over Labor Day week. I'm hoping that we have at least one good "beach day", but I can handle some rain, if we encounter it. The only thing that bad weather would completely ruin for us would be the Harbor Nights festivities. :eek:

I was hoping to reserve a day pass at Elbow Beach next week but will hold off until at least Thursday to see what the weather looks like. They want 24-48 hours notice for cancellations. If I reserve and have to cancel due to weather, I'd have to do it on the ship via internet. Any idea how much internet services cost on the Summit?

I don't mean to hijack this thread...but my question is sorta/kinda weather related! :o

We made reservations there for wednesday. They did not take a deposit or credit card info. The confirmation e-mail said nothing about a cancellation notice. I'm guessing if its raining , they ll assume you are not coming, its not like you'll be preventing someone else from going , if the weathers bad no one will be there.

Also, rain in Bermuda is similar to rain in the Caribbean. It comes and goes quickly. Last year, we woke to a horrible thunderstorm and didn't get off the ship. By noon, it had blown over, and by mid-afternoon, it was bright and sunny.

Looks like Bermie is on the outside fringe of the storm . You should be O.K.

Check it out here = http://www.queerkey.com/

I was worried about Bernie, but it looks like it will sprinkle on Bermuda as opposed to pour! I do think we'll have some rain next week though. I bought ponchos today because I am determined to be out and about regardless of rain! Bermuda is great no matter the weather. On my first cruise, we went to Sea Glass Beach in a torrential downpour and had a great time! We didn't swim, and it was before the ban on taking glass, but the rain almost made it more fun!

Four days out, both of our cruises this summer called for rain. For both cruises we had fairly good weather, and except for one day, the seas over and back were like glass. As an island, over time, we've also seen Bermuda rainy days turn into beautiful ones - and vice-versa. Make your plans flexible according to what you see in the morning.

I was worried about Bernie, but it looks like it will sprinkle on Bermuda as opposed to pour! I do think we'll have some rain next week though. I bought ponchos today because I am determined to be out and about regardless of rain! Bermuda is great no matter the weather. On my first cruise, we went to Sea Glass Beach in a torrential downpour and had a great time! We didn't swim, and it was before the ban on taking glass, but the rain almost made it more fun!

LOL -- a cruiser after my own heart! But, please -- feel free to hog all of that Bermuda rain! We will just have to suffer through without it, later on this month! :p;)

4 days ago

We did not need a reservation for Elbow beach day pass, just walked on the public side of their beach and paid $50.00 for 2 loungers, table, umbrella and beach side bar and beverage service.

Hope the rain stays away.

Marcia