Classic Drink Package: any limits

SeaWatch

If I take my husband's seapass to a bar can I get one drink for each of us? Or do we both always have to go to the bar?

We used the drink packages while on our New Year's Eve cruise - depended on the bartender - but they got to know us and eventually didn't even look at the cards. I was with my kids (24 and 22 y/o) and we all had the package - one bartender asked for ID for my daughter - which made no sense because she wouldn't have been able to purchase the alcohol package and have it attached to her card if she was under 21. That was the only odd moment using the packages that we experienced. We loved it!

If I take my husband's seapass to a bar can I get one drink for each of us? Or do we both always have to go to the bar?

Greetings

If you have both cards they will let you order 2 drinks. I have never had a problem getting my SO and myself drinks whether it is juices in the morning or adult beverages by the pool. I guess I am the designated fetcher :).

Good Sailing

Tom

If you bring his sea pass, you can order a drink for him without him actually being at the bar. I also read that there may be a time limit (10 minutes) between ordering drinks. This happened to us once - my husband and I both ordered a cocktail drink and then we asked for a bottle of water as well. The bartender said we technically had to wait a few minutes, but he said he would give it to us now. All other times (ordering water and drinks) didn't matter. So it might have been just this particular bartender.

Like others said - there's no limit, you just have to order one at a time. Have fun on your cruise!

If you bring his sea pass, you can order a drink for him without him actually being at the bar. I also read that there may be a time limit (10 minutes) between ordering drinks. This happened to us once - my husband and I both ordered a cocktail drink and then we asked for a bottle of water as well. The bartender said we technically had to wait a few minutes, but he said he would give it to us now. All other times (ordering water and drinks) didn't matter. So it might have been just this particular bartender.

Like others said - there's no limit, you just have to order one at a time. Have fun on your cruise!

Careful... if you bring ONLY his seapass (i.e. not your own as well) you may be challenged to present your own, as your inability to do this might indicate you are attempting to "share" a package.

Thank you all.

I said me but I think my husband should be the go-getter too. Yes, we both have the reg bev package via 123go but will be both upgrading to premium so not trying anything naughty at all. Just want to be able to send him along!

I have the 123 promo on my next cruise and plan to upgrade to premium as well. But the regular package worked great for us too (had to pay for that one so no upgrade!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It also looks like you have to pay a 15% gratuity for each drink. Our beverage card on Holland American included the gratuity.

No. You pay 15% of the cost of the package when you buy it - gratuity is then covered for every drink you consume. If you obtained a "free" beverage package through 123 then no further charges will be incurred. (additional tips at your discretion)

It also looks like you have to pay a 15% gratuity for each drink. Our beverage card on Holland American included the gratuity.

Greetings

The gratuity is added to the price of the package, there is no per drink charge. You will never even see a charge slip for your drinks. Some choose to provide a small additional tip to the bartenders for each drink or to give their favorite bartenders a "goodbye" tip at the end, but it is not required.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

The gratuity is added to the price of the package, there is no per drink charge. You will never even see a charge slip for your drinks. Some choose to provide a small additional tip to the bartenders for each drink or to give their favorite bartenders a "goodbye" tip at the end, but it is not required.

Good Sailing

Tom

Agreed!

Do you upgrade to the Premium package with your TA or on board?

About one year ago, there was a period when upgrading on board was more expensive than doing it before the cruise. It is now the same price and using OBC is a good idea.

The system is now well understood by the staff and works smoothly. On our first cruise with the package, I was told at breakfast that I could not order orange juice and cappucino at the same time. Now, I take my orange juice when I enter into the buffet, put it on a table with cutlery to reserve my place, grab my food and order my cappucino after that.

We never calculated if we saved money or not with the Premium Package but enjoy the fact it's all prepaid and hassle free. We have access to better coffees, orange juice, Pellegrini water, martinis, Molecular bar, better wines, better beers, even Port wine or mimosas without having to feel guilty to spend too much money!

The fresh OJ in the buffet was one of the strictest places for checking the cards - they would write down everyone's # on a long sheet of paper, so it took a while.

The fresh OJ is available on the classic package?

The promo classic pkg included tips. All we paid out was the $1 tips we paid to the wait staff when they brought our drinks to us

I took DH's card with mine all the time to the bar with no issue. Like others said, once they knew who you were, they quit even asking us for our cards.