Classic Drink Package: any limits

SeaWatch

Sorry, not Vivi, but here are some recent lists - there may be others not listed on these...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

Thank you Wpgcycler.

The number of wines by the glass at 9 or less is quite limited. Moreover, with the Premium package, if you take a more expensive wine (let's say 15$), you pay only the difference between 13$ (or is it 12$?) and 15$; while with the Classic package, you pay the full price if it's not included!

The fresh OJ is available on the classic package?

Yes the fresh squeezed OJ was included in the classic package - found right at the entrance to the buffet. It may only be on one side though.

Thanks WPG!

That will help me decide whether to stay with the classic or go to the premium upgrade

I'm glad there was clarification on the gratuity being included because the websites is very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks WPG!

That will help me decide whether to stay with the classic or go to the premium upgrade

I'm glad there was clarification on the gratuity being included because the websites is very confusing.

We found we got everything we needed on the Classic and did not upgrade. I told hubby if he wanted higher end booze to upgrade, but he was totally happy with Seagrams, Beam, Makers Mark, etc. Only thing that wasn't included was Jack but he could have cared less. I am a beer drinker so I was totally happy, had my Miller Lite. Only thing Celebrity doesn't have that I missed vs Royal is no flavored Cruzan Rums. I like Mango rum after drinking beer all day and could not get it. Tried the Mango Vodka but after 2 of those the taste was more than enough! Not even close to the taste of Mango Rum. But getting the Premium would not have helped me since the ship plain did not carry it. hoping when we do Silhouette, they will have more of the Cruzan rums so I can get a flavored rum if I want one.

Many forget that you have to start drinking very early in the day to be able to drink all day.

Drink up

Oh I will be sure to take note of that ha ha :D

On our last cruise there was an often drunken Scotsman, who used to argue with the dining room waiters every morning at breakfast because they would not bring him any gin to go with his toast.....

Classic vs Premium ?

It comes down to what one likes to drink. Premium Package offers more choices... And more expensive items (wines, imported beers, premium spirits) as well as Fancy Coctails & Martinis and After Dinner Specialty Coffees. Along with Fresh Squeezed Juices (vs Concentrate)... Various types of Bottled Waters (still, sparkling & flavoured) and Smmothies.

One can certainly get by on a Classic Package... But upgrading to Premium is a whole other world

And as someone else said if you order something by the glass that costs more than the current allowable ceiling... You only pay the difference in price with the Premium Package... Not for the entire item as you would on the Classic Package

We did this in Murano's with a very nice by the glass French Champagne

One truly has to do their own Math tho to see what is the best deal for them (lots of other threads here that discusses Drink Menus and Costing). Just remember that things that are Non-alcoholic on-board can add up very very quickly... Bottled Water (for Excursions) - Pop - Fresh Juice - a late Night Premium Coffee etc.

As for Upgrading...

I recommend doing it BEFORE you sail. Line ups for such things once on-board are notoriously long !!

And if you drink & then choose to Upgrade... You won't necessarily get any credit / refund... So it will cost you even more !!

If you chose to Upgrade BEFORE you sail be sure to tell your TA / Celebrity that you are looking to add just the CLASSIC TO PREMIUM UPGRADE... Otherwise you run the risk of being charged for the whole Premium Package (can be a mess to sort out)

As for Grats & Tips

Grats of 15% are included when you buy a package / upgrade.

Extra tips are at your discretion.

Personally, we find we seem to gravitate to a favorite Bar / Bartender on each cruise... The guy or gal who goes the extra mile... Knows your name, your drink, and has it on the bar in your hand in a blink of an eye before you have even asked for it (a great perk when the bar is otherwise super busy). That is who we EXTRA TIP in one lump sum payment the last night of the cruise... Usually enclosed in an envelope with a thank you note.

A good Bartender (like a good Room Steward - Waiter - Sommelier) can make a Celebrity Cruise an OUTSTANDING vacation

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'd wait until on the cruise. I've probably gotten the package 15 times and only prepaid once or twice; and I've never encountered a long line for the packages. Yes they have tables set up for this onboard (sometimes even BEFORE you board), but you can purchase the sticker at any bar. The biggest wait I've ever had has been less than 5 minutes.

If you have a chunk of OBC it can go toward the package or upgrade. Unless you want to spread out the "damage" and get more things paid for before you cruise, or if they're offering the 10% off for pre-purchasing before the cruise (it's been a while since they did that) I see no advantage to paying for it before you board.

Also sometimes w/ jet lag etc, it's difficult to "get your money's worth" on that first day, so why pay for a package that won't be fully utilized. Buy it the second day, which also gives an idea of what package you should get based on what drinks you like and their price points.

Lastly if you book a classic package you can upgrade it at any bar once onboard.

I upgraded today for an October cruises because I just want to get on and enjoy.

I don't want to worry about finding the place and maybe or maybe not standing on a line and then ensuring it is clear on my account/seapass. For me it was just better to get in done in advance so I can board and get my cocktail on!

Thanks WPG!

The Celebrity website may be a challenge to use at times, but the information is clear and understandable when it comes to the beverage package pricing.

And some simple search queries here will get you plenty of current info on beverage packages.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

It is unlimited however it is one drink at a time.

I also believe all drinks are singles under the package.

Technically, true. Practically, though, the following post sums it up well. Once you find your favourite bar(s) and bartender(s) (day 2? :D ), you'll quickly find that singles will quite likely be a thing of the past.

Personally, we find we seem to gravitate to a favorite Bar / Bartender on each cruise... The guy or gal who goes the extra mile... Knows your name, your drink, and has it on the bar in your hand in a blink of an eye before you have even asked for it (a great perk when the bar is otherwise super busy).

Can I use the beverage package in Qsine and Normandie if we opt to done there?

How does it work on port days for taking bottles water off?

Drink package works the same in all restaurants onboard. You could not use it for the chef dinner with matching wines though.

Bottled water alone almost makes it worth it for me - use your card at any bar to drink on or off the ship. I usually wear a small backpack on port days and often carried two bottles off with me.

I'm a non drinker and buy the Soda package and usually recoup the cost of 7 day pack in 2 days and a 14 day pack in about 4. This cruise getting the bride a package but expect we will barely break even on it. But so nice not to have to worry, pay up front and can get a drink whenever you like without any thoughts about spending.

On the one cruise I went on that didn't have drinks package think I spent about $150 per day for three of us.

Edited by GUT2407