Taking alchol on board

Has anyone taken more than two bottles of wine on board and got away with it when sailing from Southhampton and if your found out do you get your wine back at the end of cruise:confused:

Yes I have (not from Southhampton though) :D I've not been caught but I'd be sure they weren't too expensive because I'm sure you don't get it back if they take it.

Now I'm going to get my popcorn - let the show begin!

Has anyone taken more than two bottles of wine on board and got away with it when sailing from Southhampton and if your found out do you get your wine back at the end of cruise:confused:

Generally if you get caught smuggling something like alcohol, you don't get it back.

That said, it has been my experience that they allow you to bring on two bottles in your carry on. They don't look at which people are together when you go through security. So you might have some luck that way.

I'd be sure they weren't too expensive because I'm sure you don't get it back if they take it.

Generally if you get caught smuggling something like alcohol, you don't get it back.

If you attempt to conceal alcohol in something else; such as a water or soda bottle, they will dispose of it.

If it is still sealed in original bottle they will return it.

Technically you can not bring on Soda or Water. This is only enforced in the real world (and sporadically) during spring break time. If they can determine that your items are legitimate, and they had confiscated them, they will return them at disembarkation.

They only dispose of liquids if they are not sealed / can not be verified.

I think I'm getting my cruise lines mixed up. I can't bring a case of water on board, right?

The rules say no beverages except for the two bottles of wine, but they usually don't enforce the rules in the case of water and soda.

If you have done it and not gotten caught, please don't post it here. Many have a waited a long time to be able to bring a few bottles of wine on board and would like to keep the privilege.

To the OP - we've had a bottle taken prior to RCCL allowing wine, and we were given the bottle back. Once it was the last evening, and once in the morning just prior to leaving the ship.

M

• 4 months later...