Solo Rate Confusion

FireEater

I see the following on CCL's single solo page:

"We have removed the 200% single occupancy supplement on a number of sailings. With this change, single occupancy bookings made under any available rate code will only be charged 100% of the cruise fare when booking an interior and oceanview stateroom. This offer is capacity controlled and subject to close at any time without prior notice."

In the statement, it only states interior or ocean view staterooms. Yet they show balcony rates. Does that mean the balcony rate shown will be double of what is shown?

I'm thinking it is shown to get the sale, at a discount price, at double occ rate.

Edited by FireEater

"We have removed the 200% single occupancy supplement on a number of sailings. With this change, single occupancy bookings made under any available rate code will only be charged 100% of the cruise fare when booking an interior and oceanview stateroom. This offer is capacity controlled and subject to close at any time without prior notice."

In the statement, it only states interior or ocean view staterooms. Yet they show balcony rates. Does that mean the balcony rate shown will be double of what is shown?

I'm thinking it is shown to get the sale, at a discount price, at double occ rate.

Do a mock booking on the cruise you're interested in.

I think that it's a TYPO and whoever updated the list of sailings did so without updating the verbiage at the top. The verbiage at the top should probably read something like:

... will only be charged 100% of the cruise fare when booking an interior, oceanview or standard balcony stateroom.

Do a mock booking or put the sailing you want into Fare Viewer. I just put the Dream 8/24/14 sailing in as a solo traveler and got the $749 single balcony price. Same as the list.

It could be the solo supplement has been removed for inside and oceanview cabins while the balcony cabins may have a reduced solo supplement.

I thought this promotion was an older promotion with sailings thru June, but correct me if I am wrong.:confused:

I have a cruise booked in December that had no solo supplement. They are capacity controlled and once the quota is met the supplement returns.

Edited by tncap