Aft balcony on Miracle?

virginia600

My famly and I always go for aft. There is sometimes more motion going in and out of port but never bothers us. There is a rushing soumd you hear as you sail and we love the view from the aft. We are going on Glory in 7 weeks and as I said it is an aft cabin

Hi Everyone,

Just got upgraded to an aft balcony on the Miracle on the Mar 26/06 sailing. I have had balconies before, but never "an Aft" I am going to love it?

Thanks

Susan

Susan,

Make sure you join our roll call for this sailing. One of the people in our roll call also has an aft balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=160609

i just booked my first aft cabin on the carnival spirit for my mexican riviera cruise. i cant wait to enjoy the extended balcony. setting out there at night and seeing the sun set with the waves from the ship going behind us will be awesome. i cant wait. even if there is a little more noise from the water ( im on the upper deck so i dont know if this will be a problem or not ) it will be worth it to have such a great balcony. im sure you are going to enjoy yours also.

have a wonderful cruise.

You will love it! Lucky you to be upgraded, the aft cabins go quickly. You will have a bigger balcony and the view is awesome, we take the aft anytime we can book it, so you being upgraded to aft, is a very lucky thing! Enjoy! Do not worry about noise or motion.

We were on an aft balcony on the Legend. Just keep in mind the glass on the balconies at the aft slant inward, so the "extended" balcony is a bit misleading. As long as you are not on deck 8 an aft balcony is GREAT. We were on deck 6 or 7 if I remember correct and it was a wonderful location. However, after looking over the partition at the Cat 11 wrap around balcony, I was very envious! Have a great time!

We were on an aft balcony on the Legend. Just keep in mind the glass on the balconies at the aft slant inward, so the "extended" balcony is a bit misleading. As long as you are not on deck 8 an aft balcony is GREAT. We were on deck 6 or 7 if I remember correct and it was a wonderful location. However, after looking over the partition at the Cat 11 wrap around balcony, I was very envious! Have a great time!

:confused: What's wrong with deck 8?

We had two aft balconies on the Miracle this summer on the Upper Deck. We enjoyed the quietness back there. The balconies are not covered, so the deck does get hot in the afternoons. That was our only complaint. The balcony did not seem any bigger than the side balconies. We always try to book aft balconies, because once you have one you get spoiled.

Have fun, the Miracle is a great ship!

Hey Susan. We are the ones on the aft of the Miracle on the March26th sailing...we are on the sixth floor. What floor are you on? We could be neighbors, or at the very least, we could yell up or down to you from our balcony. We are also going with our daughter and son in law in a cabin next door.;)

:confused: What's wrong with deck 8?

Deck 8 is right below the Lido deck. You can sometimes get trash that has blown overboard from above and people can see down onto your balcony somewhat. Also it's been reported that they start dragging deck chairs overhead early in the morning sometimes. On deck 7, we never encountered any trash and you have to be standing up at your rail for anyone to see you from above. Now that we've had an aft wrap around, don't think I would want anything else. They are fantastic!

Hey Susan. We are the ones on the aft of the Miracle on the March26th sailing...we are on the sixth floor. What floor are you on? We could be neighbors, or at the very least, we could yell up or down to you from our balcony. We are also going with our daughter and son in law in a cabin next door.;)

Hi Indy- Grandson and myself are in cabin- 7300. The other 2 are around the corner in a inside cabin-7290.

This is going to be fun!

Susan

The Veranda deck is not a bad deck at all, we have had a wrap balcony the last two cruises on the Veranda deck and we love it here. We never had any trash on our balcony and the noise from the Lido was very minimal, we never heard any noise at night and only heard some noise in the morning once or twice but it was nothing that would bother anyone. In my opinion the Veranda deck is a great location as it is so close to the Lido to just run up and grab a bite or a drink, and as far as someone seeing onto your deck it is only if you are standing at the railing as I was able to see onto the decks below from mine if someone was standing at their railing. I would not hesitate to book an aft on the Veranda deck but then that is just my opinion. We really like the port side wrap balcony on Veranda. Linda

PS. I have pics of the cabin and balcony if anyone is interested.

On the Miracle (all Spirit class vessels) deck FOUR (main deck) is the only deck with a reasonable amount of overhead coverage. The others will give you more mid-day sun if that is what you desire! We prefer the additional coverage - which you can see in our Webshots pictures (link below) - just go to the LEGEND pictures and have a look...

I agree, seeing the wake and the sound of the water churning behind as you sail is GREAT... we have managed to take a couple of EXCELLENT siestas out there (clothed or not!)

Tom

Hi Indy- Grandson and myself are in cabin- 7300. The other 2 are around the corner in a inside cabin-7290.

This is going to be fun!

Susan

We are on 6331 and 6333, so we must be like right below you guys. Hopefully, you don't throw cigarettes or trash off your balcony on us.lol. We can't wait either. It will be fantastic.:)

We are on 6331 and 6333, so we must be like right below you guys. Hopefully, you don't throw cigarettes or trash off your balcony on us.lol. We can't wait either. It will be fantastic.:)

Nah, instead Susan should lower a bucket down on a rope asking for beer. ;)

Archived