early saver with seperate discount question

splintz

On my last cruise carnival had to change the itinerary due to ongoing enginge issues. because of this if you still decided to take the cruise they gave you $50 per person on board credit, and 25% off your next cruise. so i just booked my cruise using early saver like i always do. i also applied the 25% discount. the discount was approved and 25% taken off. but the discount was taken directly off the cruise rate and does not show as a separate discount.

-original booking cruise rate 2 people $2,368 which i would use to check for lower fares.

-discount taken and now cruise rate shows $1855.50 for a savings of $512.50

so my question is when i check the fare viewer and find a lower rate then my original $2,368 will carnival approve this or will they say no your cruise rate is $1855.50. which would be B.S. because the discount should be separate and have nothing to do with the cruise rate.

On my last cruise carnival had to change the itinerary due to ongoing enginge issues. because of this if you still decided to take the cruise they gave you $50 per person on board credit, and 25% off your next cruise. so i just booked my cruise using early saver like i always do. i also applied the 25% discount. the discount was approved and 25% taken off. but the discount was taken directly off the cruise rate and does not show as a separate discount.

-original booking cruise rate 2 people $2,368 which i would use to check for lower fares.

so my question is when i check the fare viewer and find a lower rate then my original $2,368 will carnival approve this or will they say no your cruise rate is $1855.50. which would be B.S. because the discount should be separate and have nothing to do with the cruise rate.

I agree that you should check with Carnival for the answer to your question. There may be somebody on CC who has booked ES & rec'd the discount and received price drops. However, I doubt if there are very many.

I agree that you should check with Carnival for the answer to your question. There may be somebody on CC who has booked ES & rec'd the discount and received price drops. However, I doubt if there are very many.

i will when the price drops which it hasn't yet. i just booked this week. the reason i am asking here is to see if anyone has had one of the discounts and booked early saver. i'm sure many people have received a 25% discount for an incident on carnival in the past. considering every time there is an incident on the ship thousands of people are cruising on it and receive the letter.

but most importantly i am checking because if you call carnival some of the representatives don't know and will just say no. case in point just look on the cruise critic carnival forum this week and see how many people called to get on board credit for the past guest sale they were running last week and were told no there is no discount showing. even though the customers said they did a mock booking and it showed a discount. that and with the ammunition of other people getting a discount and stating so on this forum it helped them insist on carnival going the extra mile and actually check and do a mock booking themselves. people posted they were on the line hours insisting they should get a discount and they finally did. so why should i just take the word of the person who happens to answer the phone on the 800# if they might not actually know.(since it is not a normal early saver discount)

i am hoping i will get a reply from someone who has received this letter in the past and also received a early saver OBC. that way i will personally have more information and facts when i call for an early saver drop in price.

i will when the price drops which it hasn't yet. i just booked this week. the reason i am asking here is to see if anyone has had one of the discounts and booked early saver. i'm sure many people have received a 25% discount for an incident on carnival in the past. considering every time there is an incident on the ship thousands of people are cruising on it and receive the letter.

but most importantly i am checking because if you call carnival some of the representatives don't know and will just say no. case in point just look on the cruise critic carnival forum this week and see how many people called to get on board credit for the past guest sale they were running last week and were told no there is no discount showing. even though the customers said they did a mock booking and it showed a discount. that and with the ammunition of other people getting a discount and stating so on this forum it helped them insist on carnival going the extra mile and actually check and do a mock booking themselves. people posted they were on the line hours insisting they should get a discount and they finally did. so why should i just take the word of the person who happens to answer the phone on the 800# if they might not actually know.(since it is not a normal early saver discount)

i am hoping i will get a reply from someone who has received this letter in the past and also received a early saver OBC. that way i will personally have more information and facts when i call for an early saver drop in price.

So when the price drops, you can call and say "the people on Cruise Critic said...."? That'll go over well. You can have all the facts you want, doesn't mean you will get the correct answer from Carnival.

The 25% discount you were offered has everything to do with the cruise rate you are paying and your current rate of $1855.50.

You will only be eligible for price drops if the rate for your cabin goes below $1855.50

You can't double dip a discount with a price protection guarantee.

Hi ... I haven't experienced this myself, but I believe I've read of others who booked ES and have the discount letters and got them applied.

If it were me, I would put all the details in the 'comments section' of the form about the 25% discount - and the math that makes the current price cheaper than what you paid. And also be prepared to call / email afterwards if they reject your claim to go through it.

Good luck!

Hopefully, someone who has received priced drops with the same type of discount you have, will respond to your request.

So when the price drops, you can call and say "the people on Cruise Critic said...."? That'll go over well. You can have all the facts you want, doesn't mean you will get the correct answer from Carnival.

-yeah i don't think i would call and say the people on cruise critic said this.

-it is pretty simple i am hoping that someone who has actually had a discount like this and early saver has gotten OBC for price drop off original booking price. if someone has gotten the discount and could not get OBC that is fine and all i am trying to find out.

-but if someone did get early saver discount on the original booking price then when i call and the person says no you don't get it i won't be quick to say okay and hang up. i will fight a little harder for it and go up the supervisor food chain for more answers. like i said before last week a lot of people were told no on the phone about inquiring about the past guest sale and getting the OBC. but because other people on this forum told them they got OBC for the same thing they called back and didn't say as i quote you "the people on Cruise Critic said...." they called back and fought harder for the discount and went up the supervisory food chain and got the discount they were entitled.

-this is a carnival FORUM where you ask questions and get other cruisers advise and help on certain topics. if everyone simply just called carnival and asked the questions there would be no need for a forum and it would not exist. except for people like you that instead of answering the question or trying to be helpful simply like to use sarcastic one liners. sorry i wasted 5 seconds of your day to read my post. and i thank you for all your help!(see what i did there it is a sarcastic one liner it's brilliant right. i feel like i am so important now that everyone sees how funny i am just like you) :D

Hi ... I haven't experienced this myself, but I believe I've read of others who booked ES and have the discount letters and got them applied.

If it were me, I would put all the details in the 'comments section' of the form about the 25% discount - and the math that makes the current price cheaper than what you paid. And also be prepared to call / email afterwards if they reject your claim to go through it.

Good luck!

thank you for the reply. either way i think i will need to call when the price drops. just trying to figure out if anyone had a similar discount and how they fared with a price drop.(want to know how hard to fight on for the discount)

Wow. All I was trying to say was it doesn't matter what other people's experience on a FORUM is. Depending on who you talk to at carnival, you can/will get different answers. Even at the supervisor level. Keep calling back until you get the answer you want. Sooner or later you will get it.

The 25% discount you were offered has everything to do with the cruise rate you are paying and your current rate of $1855.50.

You will only be eligible for price drops if the rate for your cabin goes below $1855.50

i see what you are saying. i am, was hoping that is not the case. i don't think it will go below $1855.50 but you never know and i will keep checking everyday. i was hoping when the discount was applied it would be taken out separate and not affect the cruise rate. but either way it is a good discount and i will take it and be happy.

thank you for the reply. either way i think i will need to call when the price drops. just trying to figure out if anyone had a similar discount and how they fared with a price drop.(want to know how hard to fight on for the discount)

I just did a google search ... there are a couple posts in this thread where people had discount letters and Early Saver, and got the 25% taken off the new prices (see posts #18 & #29 in particular).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38917386

Wow. All I was trying to say was it doesn't matter what other people's experience on a FORUM is. Depending on who you talk to at carnival, you can/will get different answers. Even at the supervisor level. Keep calling back until you get the answer you want. Sooner or later you will get it.

well you didn't simply say it like you say it here, you said it in a sarcastic way. if you would of just said what you said above there wouldn't have been a reply back from me.

"Depending on who you talk to at carnival, you can/will get different answers. Even at the supervisor level. Keep calling back until you get the answer you want. Sooner or later you will get it" that was my point but i was hoping to find someone who had the same situation and tried to get the OBC. that way i would know what happen when they tried to get it. and from that information i would know how hard i would fight for it. or if i wasn't entitled to it because i had the discount that took my rate down already. i was under the assumption that the discount was going to be taken out separate from the lowest fare i could get since i booked early saver. that is the whole point of booking early saver. so if the price drops $200 lower then when i initially booked why couldn't they adjust the price and then apply the 25% discount. that is the reason i posted to hopefully find someone out there in the cruise critic world since it seems to be a large forum with quick and frequent replies that had a similar discount and also booked early saver that way i can see how they made out with their claim.

I just did a google search ... there are a couple posts in this thread where people had discount letters and Early Saver, and got the 25% taken off the new prices (see posts #18 & #29 in particular).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38917386

thank you so much for that i will check it out. i tried to search it on the cruise critic search box but must of worded it wrong.:D

This is simply not true. I just did this with a booking, same scenario have 25% discount from the Alaska cruise. The booking was repriced to the new lower rate and the 25% discount was reapplied on the new lower amount.

This is simply not true. I just did this with a booking, same scenario have 25% discount from the Alaska cruise. The booking was repriced to the new lower rate and the 25% discount was reapplied on the new lower amount.

Had a discount like the one you are talking about (well 50% off) and from my experience I received the price drop and then had the amount reapplied with new cruise price. This was 2011 so things might have changed since then. Was not a big deal either from what I remember.

We also have the 25% discount, but an error was made on the first two price drops. My best advice, based on personal experience, is to call directly to a customer service supervisor. The regular call representatives have difficulty with this type of transaction. The supervisor who helped us said to notify her directly for any other price adjustments.

This is correct. Last year I booked an Early Saver rate and had my 25% discount from a cancelled cruise applied. When there was a price drop on my original rate, I called and had my booking repriced to the new rate and the 25% once again applied. Each time there is a price drop they'll reprocess but it takes lengthy phone waits and explanations. And, the regular Customer Service reps cannot handle this. You need to call either Guest Solutions #70772 or Promotiins #70107. I can't recall which dept handled this. Just make sure that you write down your original per person rate so that you can watch for price drops. Just put the discounted rate out of your mind for now and think original cruise rate. But write it down because you won't see it in your cruise docs and you need to know it when contacting Carnival for price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you i was hoping to find someone who received one of the discounts and see what their experience was.:)

Had a discount like the one you are talking about (well 50% off) and from my experience I received the price drop and then had the amount reapplied with new cruise price. This was 2011 so things might have changed since then. Was not a big deal either from what I remember.

thank you i was hoping to find someone who received one of the discounts and see what their experience was.:)

We also have the 25% discount, but an error was made on the first two price drops. My best advice, based on personal experience, is to call directly to a customer service supervisor. The regular call representatives have difficulty with this type of transaction. The supervisor who helped us said to notify her directly for any other price adjustments.

This is correct. Last year I booked an Early Saver rate and had my 25% discount from a cancelled cruise applied. When there was a price drop on my original rate, I called and had my booking repriced to the new rate and the 25% once again applied. Each time there is a price drop they'll reprocess but it takes lengthy phone waits and explanations. And, the regular Customer Service reps cannot handle this. You need to call either Guest Solutions #70772 or Promotiins #70107. I can't recall which dept handled this. Just make sure that you write down your original per person rate so that you can watch for price drops. Just put the discounted rate out of your mind for now and think original cruise rate. But write it down because you won't see it in your cruise docs and you need to know it when contacting Carnival for price drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you i was hoping to find someone who received one of the discounts and see what their experience was. especially the 2 phone extensions i will jot those down for when i need them.:)

thank you for all the responses. with 4 separate cruisers that had the type of discounts that i had. and they all had positive results with getting the lower fare for the early saver i will know to call the certain extension and fight for the new rate.:)

i knew if i waited long enough someone that had a discount like mine would see and respond to my post.