E-docs

It's 16 days till we leave for our cruise tour, when will our e-docs be available pls

They are usually ready at 49 days. I'd call whoever booked your cruise and inquire.

Checking my a/c daily, it's saying doc's not ready will email you when they are.

That's very odd. We are leaving in 16 days also and documents have been ready to print since my final payment. You better call NOW!!!!

They didn't give you the flight information separately then? I would go ahead and print the Set Sail Pass while checking on your documents. They will close that 3 days from sailing. Last March, we flew to Sydney, Aust and although my husband & I had all tags and docs two months from sailing, the SIL & daughter didn't get tags or docs for the 2nd cruise by the time we had to leave. We did 3 cruises with a 9 day land trip between cruise #1 & 2. Fortunately for them, they were staying in the same cabin and I printed out their Tags, then changed the sailing date for the 2nd cruise.

Thank you for that reassurance. I'm going on Indy in 9 days and it keeps saying my e-docs are not available, despite a member of my party having being able to print my Setsail pass. In that case, does your Setsail pass represent your actual ticket? Sorry if that is a silly question, I am just panicking.

Thank you for that reassurance. I'm going on Indy in 9 days and it keeps saying my e-docs are not available, despite a member of my party having being able to print my Setsail pass. In that case, does your Setsail pass represent your actual ticket? Sorry if that is a silly question, I am just panicking.

You actually don't even need your setsail pass...... not everyone has access to a printer.... they will print one for you.... obviously you would need the appropriate I.D

There is no actual ticket, it's all in Royal's computer system (a scary thought!). The SetSail pass acts as a quick way for the check-in agent to bring up your record, plus it helps get you in the door of the terminal.

I have discovered the following:

If you booked Choice Air and there is a schedule change that will hold up issuing the docs. Reservations will blame Choice Air and Choice Air will blame reservations.

If you upgraded or in any other way changed cabins, your docs will be held up for about a week.

If you booked or canceled a specialty dining reservation or a shore excursion it can mess up the release of your docs. Reservation was paid in full. Made a dining reservation for Giovanni's Table for 3 and paid for it at the time of booking. Suddenly cruise reservation is showing $60.00 owed. They wouldn't release documents until the $60.00 was paid. The next day they showed an overpayment of $60.00 and were refunding it to the credit card.

There are any number of reasons why docs are not released at the 49 day mark, even though final payment has been made and any number of stumped res agents. I have usually had to get a supervisor involved to send an e-mail to the doc fairy to release them.

Very true.

Am currently in a GTY 47 days out..... reserved specialty restaurants before I upgraded to the GTY. Last time I did this the dining reservations didn't get loaded properly in the new room and I had a nightmare of a time getting the OBC for the multiple restaurant bookings. Some on the roll call have their eDocs....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

This sounds so familiar, we are booked with a TA and are 40 days out. Absolutely no info as of yet. I can print my setsail pass and luggage tags, from the RCL website, but we booked the flights with the TA also, and don't even know when, who or where we will fly. I'm going with my GF and she's in a travel group in Asheville NC.

I'm getting a bit worried.

Edited by dulcimergirl

This sounds so familiar, we are booked with a TA and are 40 days out. Absolutely no info as of yet. I can print my setsail pass and luggage tags, from the RCL website, but we booked the flights with the TA also, and don't even know when, who or where we will fly.

I'm getting a bit worried.

It would be nice if the TA would give you the airline booking number so you could choose your seats on the flight(s).

Edited by clarea

Checking my a/c daily, it's saying doc's not ready will email you when they are.

I was having this problem and decided to click on the view docs link. And there they were. I don't know what was wrong but I printed my luggage tags and was a happy soon to be cruiser.