Seeking advice on Alaska excursions

Cruisa Loosa

I am going on an Alaska cruise on the Hollan America Zaandam in late August. I have booked a couple of excursions and am looking for anyone who has done these ones. I am 60 years old of moderate fitness level and want to be sure I will be able to do what is required.

So, has anyone done the following excursions, and if so how would you rate the difficulty?

Mendenhall Glacier Guide's Choice Hike in Juneau, and the Rain Forest by Bicycle in Skagway.

Thanks for your help! :)

I am going on an Alaska cruise on the Hollan America Zaandam in late August. I have booked a couple of excursions and am looking for anyone who has done these ones. I am 60 years old of moderate fitness level and want to be sure I will be able to do what is required.

So, has anyone done the following excursions, and if so how would you rate the difficulty?

Mendenhall Glacier Guide's Choice Hike in Juneau, and the Rain Forest by Bicycle in Skagway.

Thanks for your help! :)

For me, the Juneau tour is a big waste of money. It is simple to go on your own, and with not having your actual description, many of the "guided" tours, just do the Trail of Time. Being I have printed out the guide sheet and done it, no way would I pay for it. :)

Have no idea what your bike tour in Skagway is either? I always prefer, going on my own here too. With these prepaid tours, going in all kinds of weather- I would never prebook these either. I like riding out to Dyea, which is a great ride, but not in foul weather. Easy to just rent a bike when I get there.