Colosseum Tickets

cruisinmon

We just went to the Colosseum and there were tour guides that you can buy your tickets from. They take their group ahead of the line up. We were in had our tour in 45 minutes then he left us to explore ourselves. I can not remember the charge but it was sure worth it.

I'm unclear as to what you consider to be the "best way". Cheapest? Fastest?

I'd suggest that you pop over to the Ports of Call board and repost there with a tad more detail.

Also, join your Roll Call if you haven't already and look for advise there too.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

If you walk a couple hundred yards up to the base of Palatine hill, you will find another ticket office - never more than a handful of people lined up. Buy your ticket there and walk back and right into the Colloseum. The big line is people buying tickets, not waiting to get in. (Shhhh... )

If you walk a couple hundred yards up to the base of Palatine hill, you will find another ticket office - never more than a handful of people lined up. Buy your ticket there and walk back and right into the Colloseum. The big line is people buying tickets, not waiting to get in. (Shhhh... )

I second this comment. Palentine Hill is the place to buy tickets. Never a line. Colosseum always has tons in line!

Thank you all for this hint as I start planning for my 2017 Med cruise!

I've got guidebooks that I just haven't read yet. Somehow can't find the wherewithal to pick up a real book instead of reading it on my Nook! Although I do like real books so I can highlight and write notes easier.

Yep we bought online then straight in ahead of any queues, past the queues and the ticket booths :) we got there at 8.30 as they opened and were first through the gates as we could skip the queue :)

but if you don't want to buy online agree go to palantine Hill to buy as you can only buy a combined ticket now anyway and no queues there even when massive queues at the colosseum.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Agree with buying on line ahead - also consider the free downloads by Rick Steve's. Gives you a great preview and sense of the history. We have been there twice. First on our own (pre bought tickets on line) and did it on our own with the Rich Steve's audio tour. Second we pre bought the underground tour where you get to go to sections not otherwise open to general tours. I would recommend the underground tour.