BOGOHO sale again?......

[quote name='dental180']I'm new to Royal Caribbean, so perhaps someone can offer clarification; I keep seeing people mention that only inexperienced cruisers would book at these "sale" prices. What is the disadvantage of booking, if you can simply get the price adjustment should better pricing come along?[/QUOTE]

I know!!! I read that many times on blogs about the sale...Actually, some comments have been pretty rude in my opinion ...insulting.
But then there's the others who have offered so much wonderful info. : )

I'm a newbie to Royal Carribbeen and booked with the original BOGO. I REBOOKED with the kids sail free and saved over $800!
Some newbies still do their research and don't just blindly book!
I'm sure if I booked last year when the cruises were released, or was a repeat cruiser, I might have saved a bit more.... But for us, these prices are great! Edited by son3cruisers

[quote name='son3cruisers']I know!!! I read that many times on blogs about the sale...Actually, some comments have been pretty rude in my opinion ...insulting.
But then there's the others who have offered so much wonderful info. : )

I'm a newbie to Royal Carribbeen and booked with the original BOGO. I REBOOKED with the kids sail free and saved over $800!
Some newbies still do their research and don't just blindly book!
I'm sure if I booked last year when the cruises were released, or was a repeat cruiser, I might have saved a bit more.... But for us, these prices are great![/QUOTE]

Great attitude and have a great time. :):)

I am new to RCI but not new to sailing. By waiting a couple days for the recent BOGO half off we were able to save a good deal of money on our October sailing. We had only decided to take the trip last week, so I am not sure if we would have done better with the last sale or not. We were happy with what we got (and got some extra perks from our TA by waiting) so I don't feel taken in at all. I do agree the ups and downs of cruise booking can make your head spin. Most of our cruises have been on the sister company, Celebrity. We used to always book a year in advance. We never do that anymore unless we find a very special deal with rock bottom prices. At least on that line, we found much better deals when the ship is about half full, and of course very last minute which we can't take advantage of due to flight prices and capacity.