Need advice for Celebrity Equinox

tauep24

I want to take my wife on a 10 day cruise in April 2016. This will be for our 15th anniversary. We will be in our early 40's. Will there be people on the ship our age?

My wife and I are late-30's/early-40's and were very comfortable with the age demographic. If your itinerary is a T/A, it might lean toward older. If it's Caribbean, I think you'll be right in the middle of the curve. Either way, you won't be alone.

We found most places we dined were good, though somethings were a bit on the salty side for our tastes. We had breakfast several times in Blu and enjoyed it. The MDR was for the most part good with a wide variety offered. One person at our table in April, ordered several vegetarian dishes that she said weren't terrific. I didn't order any of the vegetarian dishes. We had dinner twice in Murano-YUM!

Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me how is the food?

The buffet fare is standard buffet-quality, though good. The MDR is typical Celebrity, which is to say I was rarely disappointed. Tuscan was fantastic and Murano was very good.

Keep in mind, I'm not a "foodie" and have been accused of being easily satisfied. :)

I want to take my wife on a 10 day cruise in April 2016. This will be for our 15th anniversary. We will be in our early 40's. Will there be people on the ship our age?

While we are a bit older than you, we went on the Equinox a couple of years ago....best ship at sea!! This was also the 10 night itinerary and there were definitely plenty of people in their 30's and 40's onboard.

However, one of the best cruises we've sailed on was years ago up to Alaska. We were definitely the kids' onboard. We were seated with a couple that were in their late 80's / early 90's. They were so much fun ... we ended up doing a lot of stuff with them and they enriched our cruise immensely. We even entered a dance contest with them...what a hoot!! We won a bottle of champagne ... and I to this day believe it is because they were just so cute.

They are both gone now but still remember them as being one of the most wonderful couples we've ever met on a cruise.

We sailed Celebrity the first time in 1993 for our 11th Anniv. With our 2 kids. 6 diff lines later this Nov will be our sailing to reach the Elite level in Capt Club, our 32nd Anniv and the big 60 for me. You will be hard pressed to find another cruise product that delivers like Celebrity. At least IMHO.

While we are a bit older than you, we went on the Equinox a couple of years ago....best ship at sea!! This was also the 10 night itinerary and there were definitely plenty of people in their 30's and 40's onboard.

However, one of the best cruises we've sailed on was years ago up to Alaska. We were definitely the kids' onboard. We were seated with a couple that were in their late 80's / early 90's. They were so much fun ... we ended up doing a lot of stuff with them and they enriched our cruise immensely. We even entered a dance contest with them...what a hoot!! We won a bottle of champagne ... and I to this day believe it is because they were just so cute.

They are both gone now but still remember them as being one of the most wonderful couples we've ever met on a cruise.

My wife and I went to a cruise "fair" at a local hotel a few years ago. We ended up in a room for X cruises with 4 other couples. The hostess asked each of us if we were celebrating something special. One couple said 25th anniv, one 30th anniv and one it was her 50th birthday. The final couple were in their 80s and the hostess asked them if they were celebrating their 60th anniv? They kind of sheepishly looked at each other and finally she said, actually, we are not married - we're both widowed and we found we enjoy each others company and this will be our 25th cruise together! So, don't just assume older folks aren't a barrel of fun. We have had great cruises with people older than we are.

That being said, we were on the Equinox last summer for the 12 night med cruise. We thought there was a great mix of ages and even a few very well behaved children. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Equinox - its a great ship although the Summit (M Class) is our favorite.

Edited by judatt