Upsell offer on the Elation

Cheetah474

Got a call yesterday from the Upsell Fairy. She offered $625 for an upgrade to a Grand Suite for a 5 night cruise. I declined. We're currently in OV on Empress Deck and as a family of 3 it doesn't make sense. I would have considered a junior suite for 1/2 the cost but that offer wasn't made.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a lot but might have taken them up on it to just experience the grand suite.

I agree .....On our last cruise we had an aft extended balcony. Got the upsell call for a GS for $700 (7 days). Did not take it but now thinking it would of been a good deal.....but we did love the aft extended balcony for sure!!

I agree .....On our last cruise we had an aft extended balcony. Got the upsell call for a GS for $700 (7 days). Did not take it but now thinking it would of been a good deal.....but we did love the aft extended balcony for sure!!

That is the problem. That $ 700 pays for half of our next cruise and we really dont spend that much time in the cabin.

It was definately an interesting option. I wasn't blown away with the pictures and amenities available for the suite so it just didn't seem worth it. I would have chosen a balcony on the Elation if they were available, but I'm not feeling a suite on any Carnival cruise - they just don't seem to be worth the cost when compared to land vacations or other lines that give suite guests additional privileges aside from early boarding. That said, we're a family of 3 so maybe I'd feel differently if there were more of us. Interestingly, when I try to book the same cabin, it's still available - I guess no one (so far) has taken the "offer".

I have been watching an Elation cruise for my birthday.

I have cruised for my birthday every year starting in 2005.

But this year we will not be able to go.:(

Anyway, Inside guarantee in now $229 and oceanview guarantee in now $250.

I almost cannot stand it.

I would feel so much better if the price way up...

Anyway, that $700 would go a long way on another cruise.

I would not take the upgrade either.

It's just a bigger cabin.

I have a bigger room at home and five days in a regular cabin is certainly no hardship.

You may only live once, but you can cruise many times throughout that lifetime. $700 goes a long way towards your next voyage. I would pass on the upgrade and save the money for a future vacation.

Yes, but why would you want cruise with the steerage and third-class cruisers when you can cruise in luxury with the first-class cruisers.

I have been watching an Elation cruise for my birthday.

I have cruised for my birthday every year starting in 2005.

But this year we will not be able to go.:(

Anyway, Inside guarantee in now $229 and oceanview guarantee in now $250.

I almost cannot stand it.

I would feel so much better if the price way up...

Anyway, that $700 would go a long way on another cruise.

I would not take the upgrade either.

It's just a bigger cabin.

I have a bigger room at home and five days in a regular cabin is certainly no hardship.

$229 Sounds like a good deal. When?

Actually OV on 8/23 sailing is $239 today. Guarantee - $189

Oh no!

I already feel bad that I am missing my birthday cruise!

Yikes:eek:

Well, it is showing $209 for me today.

Still a deal.

Inside guarantee on Dream is $309.

But my dog is sick and the vet is not sure why his white count is really high.

Not a good time to even think of leaving town.

Edited by mzloolue

It is a lot but might have taken them up on it to just experience the grand suite.

Same here. Going from an OV to a Grand Suite is a heck of a jump. Sounds like a lot of money but when you think about how much more room one would have and a balcony as well? To me it would have been a coin flip depending on whether I had the money to splurge a little.