Post-cruise tour with drop off at LAX

suzyed

Does anyone know of a post cruise tour that would pick up from the ship and return to LAX?

We have quite a bit of time from when our ship docks until our flight later that evening.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I hope someone can answer this, as we are looking for the same thing on Sept. 27. Our flight leaves LAX at 4:30, and would hate to spend all that time at the airport.

I hear ya! We don't leave until our 1055 redeye flight!

I googled this and found one that was a Princess tour, but when I go to Princess excursions, this tour is not offered. It must have been an old post on Google.

The website lists a debark tour to Long Beach...

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.do?t=L&exType=S&tourCode=LAX-965

If you have a cruise booked, you should be able to see the available tours in your Personalizer...

Edit: I have a cruise booked on Crown Princess in December to the Mexican Riviera and I just looked at the available excursions and none are listed for Los Angeles... not even that debark tour. Maybe it will be added later... Good Luck!

Edited by RickEk

I found that, too. Called Princess and the rep said she could see it listed as an option on our cruise. When I went to sign up, there wasn't anything there. Someone said that they sometimes offer these "end of cruise" tours while on board the ship, but I would rather have plans in place so I know what will be happening when we get off the ship with luggage.

I have also heard mention of "Sunseekers" tours in LA, and may end up giving them a call. Tours listed on their web site are all day tours, which would not work. Still hoping someone will help us! :o

Most of the LA Tour companies are headquartered up in the Hollywood area...And the tours generally do pick-ups only in Hollywood or on the West Side (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Century City, etc.)...You might find one willing to pick you up for a personalized tour at the harbor--but they would likely charge you a very hefty price for it. LA Harbor (San Pedro) is over 30 miles from where they are located...

There is only one known tour company that is headquartered in the harbor area...Sunseeker Tours

http://www.sunseekertours.us/

And they will do exactly what you are looking for...Tours with pick-up at the ship and drop-off at LAX...and they will customize tours for your schedule. Most people who have used them have given them very good reviews...

Edited by Bruin Steve

I found that, too. Called Princess and the rep said she could see it listed as an option on our cruise. When I went to sign up, there wasn't anything there. Someone said that they sometimes offer these "end of cruise" tours while on board the ship, but I would rather have plans in place so I know what will be happening when we get off the ship with luggage.

I have also heard mention of "Sunseekers" tours in LA, and may end up giving them a call. Tours listed on their web site are all day tours, which would not work. Still hoping someone will help us! :o

I am not one to wait to see if it's available on the ship. I, too, want all my plans in place before sailing.

Originally I was just going to book a shuttle from the ship to LAX, but figured it would be better to SEE something rather than sitting in the airport all day!

The tour I saw when I googled this, was perfect! It was a "Long Beach on your own" tour which I think dropped you off at the Aquarium. I wanted to see the Queen Mary and maybe have lunch or dinner there. After the tour, it dropped you off at LAX.

I am not one to wait to see if it's available on the ship. I, too, want all my plans in place before sailing.

Originally I was just going to book a shuttle from the ship to LAX, but figured it would be better to SEE something rather than sitting in the airport all day!

The tour I saw when I googled this, was perfect! It was a "Long Beach on your own" tour which I think dropped you off at the Aquarium. I wanted to see the Queen Mary and maybe have lunch or dinner there. After the tour, it dropped you off at LAX.

The Aquarium of the Pacific is an excellent attraction. You can actually do this on your own by taking a taxi with your luggage to the Aquarium. I believe they will stow your luggage (here's the website so you can see if there's info or find an contact email to ask about this: http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/) while you explore all the exhibits.

You can get your hands stamped before you leave and get on the free shuttle bus that circles around there, and head to Shoreline Village, which has quaint shops and some eateries. Then return to the Aquarium and check out the lorikeets or the little movies on conservation.

If you have an afternoon flight, just remember you'll want to allow plenty of time (for traffic, going through security) to get to LAX before your check in time.

If going from the Long Beach airport, you'll have more time obviously before you need to start heading to that airport.

Or check out BruinSteve's link to Sunseekers Tours.

When we sailed out of LA we used private guides on two occasions and they were terrific. One fellow who's name is Steve from LA Insider Tours picked us up at the pier and we toured for the day then he dropped us at LAX. Wasn't cheap but was a great way the spend the day. The other fellow we used brior to going on the cruise was through Tours by locals LA his name was JAN. Both guides were a wealth of knowledge about the area.

Edited by hondagirl26

I just checked the disembarkation form from my Sapphire cruise in March. Only one tour to Long Beach with drop-off at LAX. Post-cruise tours with airport drop-off are always offered during the cruise and are not available for booking pre-cruise. Transfers are but tour/drop-off aren't.

Here's the form. Hope you can read it:

7etytu6a.jpg

Edited by Pam in CA

Long Beach has a free Passport Bus with stops at the Queen Mary and the Aquarium.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

Thanks! Yes, I read that, but I will also need transportation to Long Beach and then back to LAX!

Depending on where it drops you off (Aquarium or QM) you could go to the other.

Taxi to Long Beach is about $25

Taxi to LAX is about $65

Aquarium will hold luggage.

Edited by SadieN

We did the Sunseeker tour and it was AWESOME!!! They picked us up at the pier. Try to get an early walk off disembarkation time. The tour was about 6 hours and they dropped us at our LAX hotel. They did drop others off at the airport. The tour was in a mini bus that held about 20 people, however there were only about 16 in our group. Our luggage was safely stored in the bus the entire time.

Our guide was entertaining, knowledgeable and very funny. We saw all the sights and had some free time to explore at Graumman's Chinese Theater, the Planetarium and I think it was Venice Beach. We saw stars homes and had lunch at famous Mel's Diner. Check out their website for further reviews, but we highly recommend!

Edited by 5326jan

We did the Sunseeker tour and it was AWESOME!!! They picked us up at the pier. Try to get an early walk off disembarkation time. The tour was about 6 hours and they dropped us at our LAX hotel. They did drop others off at the airport. The tour was in a mini bus that held about 20 people, however there were only about 16 in our group. Our luggage was safely stored in the bus the entire time.

Our guide was entertaining, knowledgeable and very funny. We saw all the sights and had some free time to explore at Graumman's Chinese Theater, the Planetarium and I think it was Venice Beach. We saw stars homes and had lunch at famous Mel's Diner. Check out their website for further reviews, but we highly recommend!

Thanks you so much! I will check it out! :)

I just checked the disembarkation form from my Sapphire cruise in March. Only one tour to Long Beach with drop-off at LAX. Post-cruise tours with airport drop-off are always offered during the cruise and are not available for booking pre-cruise. Transfers are but tour/drop-off aren't.

7etytu6a.jpg

This caught my eye as we have a 5p departure out of LAX in December. Thanks for providing this Pam! Is this dropped off in your stateroom towards the end of the cruise? Looks like a great way to manage your luggage and tour around Long Beach

This is very helpful. Thank you Pam.

Thanks ALL for the information.

Pam, that is just what I was looking for! Thanks! But since we have so much time to kill, we decided to do a longer tour.

I just signed up with Sunseekers! 8 hour tour! It's going to work out just great!

:D;)

I just signed up with Sunseekers! 8 hour tour! It's going to work out just great!

:D;)

We did the Sunseekers tour after our cruise in March this year. It was wonderful. We were the only ones being picked up from the ship; the others were from Long Beach hotels. I was a little concerned as we waited, but we spotted the van easily enough as it drove round towards us and we had a great tour. They stored our very large cases in the back of the van, and then dropped us off at our airport hotel late afternoon, as we'd decided to stay overnight. A taxi to the airport area would cost almost as much as one tour so this was a far better transfer:D. It was great value, and you'll have a great time :)

PS The milk shakes at Mel's Diner were incredibly tasty :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the excursion reservation page of our October cruise is showing an option for a debark excursion that can be reserved in advance. It is nice that Princess has decided to now make this option available for reservation before the cruise.

I just noticed that the excursion reservation page of our October cruise is showing an option for a debark excursion that can be reserved in advance. It is nice that Princess has decided to now make this option available for reservation before the cruise.

Yes a great way to pass the time.

We did this when we disembarked in San Pedro. Boarded a bus which dropped us off at the Aquarium (our luggage stayed on the bus). We had plenty of time to see the Aquarium (we even did a "backstage" tour) and at the appointed time we got back on the bus and it dropped us off at LAX. Companions we were traveling with took the free "trolley" to have a look around before meeting us back at the Aquarium. It worked great for us!

Enjoy your cruises!!!

We did this when we disembarked in San Pedro. Boarded a bus which dropped us off at the Aquarium (our luggage stayed on the bus). We had plenty of time to see the Aquarium (we even did a "backstage" tour) and at the appointed time we got back on the bus and it dropped us off at LAX. Companions we were traveling with took the free "trolley" to have a look around before meeting us back at the Aquarium. It worked great for us!

Enjoy your cruises!!!

Isn't it amazing how life-like those fish costumes are?