Warning if thinking of upgrading Royal Caribbean Phone iOs App - July 2014

rakes5

I have used the Royal Caribbean iOs Phone App for some time.

One of the nice features was being able to pre-load a ship's deck plans, and they would be saved, even if your phone was off-line. Came in handy on the Oasis class ships, or any new ship you were on. This was really the only feature I used.

I thought maybe they would have some new deck plans for the Quantum, so when I got the notice of a new version, I upgraded the app, and the deck plans are no longer even an option. When you go to look at information under "OUR SHIPS", there is just a paragraph or two about the ship, and some statistics.

Oh well, maybe this will be changed in a new version.

I would contact someone if I knew who, or how to let them know my disappointment.

Just thought I would warn anyone else that has the App, and also liked this feature, to not upgrade at this time.

I thought the previous version of the RCI app was really bad. Their mobile website without the app is equally as bad. I always use the app called "ship mate" for the deck plans off line. It's not always correct (mostly is) but RCI hasn't always shown the correct deck plans for their own ships.

Gina

Had someone asking about Allure deck plans in a phone on our roll call. Here is what I found and posted in our roll call. Thought I would post it here as well. It's some hoop jumping.

Found a pdf file online of Allure deck plans. If wanting deck plans of the Allure in a smartphone while on board, do a search on a smartphone for "book your vacation with nadia allure deck plans". It will show a link to a pdf file of the Allure deck plans. It can be downloaded to a smartphone. No need to have any wifi or network connection since it is downloaded in the phone. The Disclaimer: I have no idea about the person named on this site. I simply found it online. :)

Not sure if this is exactly what you want. If not, all around the ship are the Digital Way Finders which can show how to get somewhere else on the ship from that point, will give info on how full restaurants are, events going on at that time, and menus of restaurants.

I did find an official Royal Caribbean app, but I'm fairly certain it would require a wifi or network connection.

Edited by denamo

No. It's always there in your phone as part of the app even in airplane mode with wifi off.

Thanks for the Ship mate info; I downloaded the app to my ipad mini today and tried it in airplane mode and no wifi - works just like you said...

This will be our first time on Allure and I can see DH and myself, both directionally challenged, using it in our cabin before we head out to explore each day until we become familiar with the ship. Between it and the ship monitors at the elevators (another tip from CC), we have no excuse for getting lost now!!:D

A great app for checking out deck plans on other ships/cruise lines - thanks to all of you great CC's for sharing!

geogran

What are the ship monitors at the elevators?

I think they are talking about the digital wayfinders. Large screen display wth touch capability. Interactive ship diagrams. Restaurant menus. Cruise Campass.

What are the ship monitors at the elevators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings tinyterrorsma,

Sorry for my poor choice of words (monitors) ..:o

I was referring to the interactive touch screens found around the ship to assist in finding ones way to the cabin or elsewhere that I had read about in several posts on CC. I have a lot to learn about terminology - sorry for the confusion - I think I will stick to asking questions until I get my sea legs :):)