A few questions about the Getaway

graceinga

Hi Everyone - Sailing in 2 weeks and cannot wait. This will be our first NCL cruise and we are really looking forward to not having a formal night and the other freestyle things about NCL. We have a balcony cabin on Deck 8. I do have a few questions though:

Does the bathroom have a make-up mirror? I'm pretty blind without my glasses so wondering if I need to pack a magnifying mirror.

Can I bring a tiny small fan with me? It's one of the little 4" inch fans that nail shops use on their stations. It can be a life saver after hubby takes a shower hot enough to melt metal and heats up the entire room.

What dining options are available on embarkation day other than the buffet?

Do you go outside for the muster drill? Do you wear your life jackets?

What time does walk off debarkation typically start?

How far is the dock from the Miami airport?

Thanks everyone!!!

Hi Everyone - Sailing in 2 weeks and cannot wait. This will be our first NCL cruise and we are really looking forward to not having a formal night and the other freestyle things about NCL. We have a balcony cabin on Deck 8. I do have a few questions though:

Does the bathroom have a make-up mirror? I'm pretty blind without my glasses so wondering if I need to pack a magnifying mirror.

Can I bring a tiny small fan with me? It's one of the little 4" inch fans that nail shops use on their stations. It can be a life saver after hubby takes a shower hot enough to melt metal and heats up the entire room.

Thanks everyone!!!

Yes on the fan. My wife brings one of the battery powered types from Wal Mart. Plug in locations are limited. I bring a multi plug in receptical to help. Muster drill, at 3:30, is mostly inside depending on where your assigned station is, based on room location. No life jackets required. Debarkation is around 8 am, depending on how quick customs clears the ship, maybe even slightly earlier. One of the main dining rooms is open for lunch on embarkation day. Also, there is an outdoor grill on deck 16 just above the buffet. Not crowded and good different food. Had Cuban sometimes.

Not that I recall but I wasn't looking for one.

See no reason why not.

Savor, Taste, O'Sheehans and Buffet.

No life jackets. Your muster station will be printed on your key card. They are located all over the ship.

I believe it was 8:00 or 8:30.

Roughly a half hour.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hope that helps!

We had a mini-suite balcony on deck 9 and there wasn't a make up mirror in the bathroom. :( I have only been on 1 ship that had one (and now that I'm thinking about it, I think it was a Carnival ship???). I have to have those 10x magnifying mirrors as well so I know what you mean. :D