Dolphin Encounter Cozumel vs. Grand Cayman

My husband and I are trying to decide which dolphin encounter to take. We can't decide which port to do the excursion from, Cozumel or Grand Cayman. The prices are fairly comparable, so that is not an issue. We will have 3 kids with us on this excursion. The kids will be 8, 7, and 4. Does anyone have experience with either of these excursions? Would you recommend one over the other?

Thanks.

My choice Cozumel. We booked it on our own. Kids loved it. But main reason is we LoveLoveLove 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman so wouldn't want to miss that.

I have only been to Grand Cayman once and I remember absolutely LOVING 7 mile beach as well! I am not a big fan of Cozumel and part wondered if we should do the encounter there just based on that. Was curious if there is any difference between the 2 encounters other than the fact they are at 2 different ports.

We did Cozumel on our own and booked the middle one from Dolphin Discovery. This also includes you rpark ticket and then you can go to the beach and hang out, see shows and go through the nature walk. Just try to book one of the earlier times.

Another outstanding excursion in Grand Cayman is Sting Ray City, if you have never done anything like that. Then you could do the dolphin swim in Cozumel.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Another outstanding excursion in Grand Cayman is Sting Ray City, if you have never done anything like that. Then you could do the dolphin swim in Cozumel.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

I did a sting ray excursion on my honeymoon. Let me just say, the tour guide put me on his shoulders in order to get me in the water with the sting rays. I was absolutely terrified! Sick to my stomach terrified :o! I will keep that in mind for the rest of my family, just not me :p! Thanks!

We did the Sea Lion Discovery a few weeks ago in Cozumel in Chankanaab Park. It was great. Folks looked like they loved the dolphin encounter as well. Very easy to get to (10 min cab ride at most..12.00 each way for a party of 3 at the time)..much cheaper than booking directly with the ship...Use the following web site: http://www.dolphindiscovery.com for prices/tour info. I used this company a few times over the years (very reputable).

We did the dolphin excursion on our own at Chankanaab Park. We go there all the time. Very easy to grab a cab out front and many are waiting to take you back when you're done for the day there. I'm sure it's less doing it on your own as well.

Book in advance before they fill up!

We did the Sea Lion Discovery a few weeks ago in Cozumel in Chankanaab Park. It was great. Folks looked like they loved the dolphin encounter as well. Very easy to get to (10 min cab ride at most..12.00 each way for a party of 3 at the time)..much cheaper than booking directly with the ship...Use the following web site: http://www.dolphindiscovery.com for prices/tour info. I used this company a few times over the years (very reputable).

We did the dolphin excursion on our own at Chankanaab Park. We go there all the time. Very easy to grab a cab out front and many are waiting to take you back when you're done for the day there. I'm sure it's less doing it on your own as well.

Book in advance before they fill up!

Thanks so much! I am going to check out that website right now. Great to know it books up as well.

We booked a combo Dolphin Discovery/rays trip in GC, but the sea conditions were stirring up the sandbar and the island closed it - Princess cut our tour price in half (or we could cancel), so we swam with the dolphins for half price! Difference paid for the video/still CD (around $130 for two people). Well worth doing. Birds and touch tank were nothing special, but still ok. Would consider doing this again, although the rays are the best part of GC.

Hope dolphins in Coz are good, since doing this in a couple of weeks.