Help! $400 pp Price Drop!

Hi everyone, as suggested by all the helpful people on this site I have been monitoring the prices for my cruise booked directly with Princess. This morning it is $400 pp cheaper but the Princess office is closed and I am worried the price will go up again by tomorrow. What do I do now? Thanks in advance, Anjo.

Hi everyone, as suggested by all the helpful people on this site I have been monitoring the prices for my cruise booked directly with Princess. This morning it is $400 pp cheaper but the Princess office is closed and I am worried the price will go up again by tomorrow. What do I do now? Thanks in advance, Anjo.

not much you can do until princess opens tomorrow and hope the price hasnt gone up during the day

Thanks RKMW, I thought that might be the answer but was hoping not. Would sending an email do any good? Anjo.

not sure about an email so i would be on the phone first thing tomorrow

is that cruise you are doing the 46 night one to Africa jan 2016, i noticed one OZ online site has that one $700 pp cheaper than princess with $200 OBC but final payment is 7 months out....that is for an inside twin

Yes. Thats the one.May transfer to a TA later if its of any benefit. Just didn't want to miss out. Surprised it has gone down, only offered every few years so expecting it to go up. Used a FCC to book so didn't have to pay a big deposit. Just sent an email, also took photo showing new price don't know if that will make any difference!! Here's hoping.Anjo.

Yes. Thats the one.May transfer to a TA later if its of any benefit. Just didn't want to miss out. Surprised it has gone down, only offered every few years so expecting it to go up. Used a FCC to book so didn't have to pay a big deposit. Just sent an email, also took photo showing new price don't know if that will make any difference!! Here's hoping.Anjo.

that OZ online i'm not sure if they honour price drops, they didnt a couple of years ago but not sure if they have changed their policy, ask first before you transfer

Can you book online with a cabin as Princess gives you three days to pay deposit (if you don't mind where your cabin is) and then in the mean time you can try and on Monday to get the price drop. If not, you still have the option of finalising that cabin you booked on line with the lower price.

Okay I see what your refering too. They can charge $100 for booking change. Well they let me off cause I had only just paid the deposit and there was a price change the next day. You can ask them. I do find them helpful. Does Princess have availablity.

Even if you pay the $100 (not sure if its pp for the change) you still come out ahead and there is obc too. Providing they allow it for existing bookings. I can't see anywhere where it says for new bookings only.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by icat2000

Thanks for your help everyone.I now have 2 cabins booked and should be able to sort it out tomorrow. Thanks. If not, anyone want to purchase a cabin on this cruise?:)

Thanks for your help everyone.I now have 2 cabins booked and should be able to sort it out tomorrow. Thanks. If not, anyone want to purchase a cabin on this cruise?:)

i read on the princess site about your response, hope everything works out for you

Edited by rkmw

did you happen to book with that OZ online site and do you have one with princess also

Both are with Princess. 1 with a Cruise Consultant and the other I just booked online. Didn't want to have to pay a large deposit and 7 months before sailing for final payment is a long time. Anjo.

Both are with Princess. 1 with a Cruise Consultant and the other I just booked online. Didn't want to have to pay a large deposit and 7 months before sailing for final payment is a long time. Anjo.

the other company is only charging $100 deposit

Yeap. I've booked a few cruises with them. They were really helpful sorting out my lastest cruise dramas with Celebrity.

They gave me $450 OBC for my Carnival cruise I booked in September 2015. They probably one of the biggest online oz agencies now. Might have even taken over from the Captain. They do work after hours as I have had emails from their agents (they run a night shift) probably cause they gotten so much business of late).

Edited by icat2000

Yeap. I've booked a few cruises with them. They were really helpful sorting out my lastest cruise dramas with Celebrity.

They gave me $450 OBC for my Carnival cruise I booked in September 2015. They probably one of the biggest online oz agencies now. Might have even taken over from the Captain. They do work after hours as I have had emails from their agents (they run a night shift) probably cause they gotten so much business of late).

Sarah do you know if they honour price drops

Sarah do you know if they honour price drops

Not sure. They did honour a price drop for me. But only cause it had changed the day after I made my deposit. I was however, advised that there is normally a $100 fee change. Now I dunno if that per person for per booking. That would have to be clarified.

However, I have noticed of late that this agency seems to have the better deals or give better OBC.

Not sure. They did honour a price drop for me. But only cause it had changed the day after I made my deposit. I was however, advised that there is normally a $100 fee change. Now I dunno if that per person for per booking. That would have to be clarified.

However, I have noticed of late that this agency seems to have the better deals or give better OBC.

i did notice this on their terms & conditions

Fare Changes

From time to time cruise lines may advertise lower promotional fares, these fares are not always available to existing bookings. While xxxxxx ( company name crossed out) will endeavour to accommodate the request to change to the lower fare, this request is at the discretion of the cruise lines. New promotional fares may affect your current booking, resulting in reduced on-board credit and payment dates.

If we are able to transfer you at the lower promotional fare a fee of $100 will be applied to your booking.

Please note that once final payment has been made for your cruise we are unable to lower the fare

i did notice this on their terms & conditions

Fare Changes

From time to time cruise lines may advertise lower promotional fares, these fares are not always available to existing bookings. While xxxxxx ( company name crossed out) will endeavour to accommodate the request to change to the lower fare, this request is at the discretion of the cruise lines. New promotional fares may affect your current booking, resulting in reduced on-board credit and payment dates.

If we are able to transfer you at the lower promotional fare a fee of $100 will be applied to your booking.

Please note that once final payment has been made for your cruise we are unable to lower the fare

So just need to do all the sums and if your saving more money then $100 isn't too bad. I guess it takes time for them to change the booking and they not a charity. However, it still somewhat irking that US agencies seem to make this change without fee. However, if you have no choice and you want the discount I guess you just have to suck it up or stay with the higher rate.

Edited by icat2000

I would agree with this. I have noticed of late that they are usually the cheapest cruise fare I can find and with lots of OBC and minimum deposit. Only negative is they require final payment on some cruises six months out, instead of usual three.

I would agree with this. I have noticed of late that they are usually the cheapest cruise fare I can find and with lots of OBC and minimum deposit. Only negative is they require final payment on some cruises six months out, instead of usual three.

You can ask them if you can pay the normal deposit rather than the six months out one. For example my September 2015 cruise the six months out deposit was $100 but the normal one was only $200. Just ask them.

Surprised it has gone down, only offered every few years so expecting it to go up.

Anjo we did it in 2011 and the price we got it for 6months before sailing was great - didn't go down much after that.