Booked our first Neptune Suite!

Katie333

I thought you meant the aft wraps because your description was completely vague.

Vague? She said they were wake cabins and on deck 6--I think you just *assumed* she meant the wrap cabins and didn't read it correctly. I got what she meant and I DID check the deck plans :rolleyes:

I appreciate when people go the extra distance because I am one of those who would prefer not to have a HC cabin--and yes, I don't book guarantees for that reason. But there are many people who would not realize that could/would happen.

Vague? She said they were wake cabins and on deck 6--I think you just *assumed* she meant the wrap cabins and didn't read it correctly. I got what she meant and I DID check the deck plans :rolleyes:

I appreciate when people go the extra distance because I am one of those who would prefer not to have a HC cabin--and yes, I don't book guarantees for that reason. But there are many people who would not realize that could/would happen.

When you book a guarantee isn't it a good idea to look all cabins in that level and higher? I'm not sure why people wouldn't realize that could happen. It is discussed regularly here. I still feel the description was vague. You certainly don't have to agree.

Edited by cruz chic

What is vague about saying HC Neptune suites -SCs - on the wake on Deck 6?

Check the deck plan. There are only two.

Short of giving the exact cabin numbers, my description was pretty specific.

Guess it's easier to shove the blame on someone else and criticize her posting, rather than to admit pouncing on someone's post and being incorrect to boot!

Yep, saw these cabins and we've never had aft views so will consider this an opportunity to try them should we end up in one of these cabins. The 'lack' of double sinks would be a bit sad, but I'm sure we will survive. My DH is convinced the Neptune Lounge is a completely useless 'benefit' so not so concerned about potentially having to make a hike down there. At any rate, worth the gamble on a room given the overall perks we are getting and the price we paid. :)

Katie, that is a great attitude to have!

Those are lovely cabins, despite the lack of sink space!

We have never had double sinks in any of our cabins, SY, SC or SA, because we need to book HC cabins. So I don't know what I am missing anyway! :)

But some people are put out by getting assigned to the HC suites and feel the "promised" amenities are not there.

(Including Jacuzzi tub)

Si,e have also complained about the ramps, but the only ramp in the cabin is to the balcony, and it's really out of the way.

I hope you get a great cabin and have a wonderful cruise on one of my favorite ships!

Katie, that is a great attitude to have!

Those are lovely cabins, despite the lack of sink space!

We have never had double sinks in any of our cabins, SY, SC or SA, because we need to book HC cabins. So I don't know what I am missing anyway! :)

But some people are put out by getting assigned to the HC suites and feel the "promised" amenities are not there.

(Including Jacuzzi tub)

Si,e have also complained about the ramps, but the only ramp in the cabin is to the balcony, and it's really out of the way.

I hope you get a great cabin and have a wonderful cruise on one of my favorite ships!

We've had a few (VERY few :D) suites and to be honest the extra sink does nothing for me. Maybe it is because our cats have us trained that only ONE sink is for the humans ;)

What is vague about saying HC Neptune suites -SCs - on the wake on Deck 6?

Check the deck plan. There are only two.

Short of giving the exact cabin numbers, my description was pretty specific.

It seemed pretty specific to me and not vague at all. But what do I know ;)

Oceanwench has pretty dam good knowledge and it's always appreciated when she shares :D thanks:D

I see a lot of helpful posts on here. I think everyone adds to the conversation. It's a shame when people feel the need to put others down and go out the their way to do it. Really, really disappointing but somehow not surprising.

I see a lot of helpful posts on here. I think everyone adds to the conversation. It's a shame when people feel the need to put others down and go out the their way to do it. Really, really disappointing but somehow not surprising.

I can't agree more!

I thought my description of the SC handicapped-accessible cabins on the wake on Deck 6 was pretty specific -- yet I was corrected to say they were aft wrap cabins, SBs, and admonished to look at the deck plan!

And then when I came back to educate the poster as to the fact that there ARE SC suites on the wake on Deck 6 - check the deck plans - I got blamed for posting a description that was too vague.

As I make my living by writing -- have since 1986 (and before that was an English teacher) -- I was shocked at the accusation. :eek:

I thought it pretty shameful that someone had to go out of her way to put me down like that.

I wish CC would return to civility.

Edited by Oceanwench

Congratulations, it not that long to wait for having a wonderful suite to cruise in.

Hey, why is HAL marketing the heck out of you, we never get flyers in our mail even once a week or once a month or even once a year? I'm jealous, guess they don't want our business. How about anyone else?:(

HAL's marketing and practices sometimes p***** me off. I am no five star mariner, but I've sailed HAL 4 times in the past 5 years along with an upcoming September cruise. I've paid big bucks for what are now Neptune and Pinnacle suites and paid for other cabins for family to come along. Those that I have brought along receive promotions like was mentioned almost weekly. They also get the Mariner magazine. I don't receive any of it...I have to borrow their Mariner magazine. Doesn't seem fair.