Any designer handbag outlets here?

cruisinqt

A few years back while in Belize we came across designer handbags at a fraction of what they cost in department stores. :D Since then it has become a tradition for me and my daughters to shop for cheap designer purses together when we cruise. Is there anything like this in Grand Turk?

A few years back while in Belize we came across designer handbags at a fraction of what they cost in department stores. :D Since then it has become a tradition for me and my daughters to shop for cheap designer purses together when we cruise. Is there anything like this in Grand Turk?

Not sure on Grand Turk, and I know you are asking about GT but it looks like you are going on the freedom, which if I am correct you are going to be going to San Juan as well. If you are, San Juan has an amazing Coach outlet store that has amazing deals, where they hand out 50% off coupons (they have the last 3 times I was there anyways) and this includes clearance, so you can find cute coach purses for REALLY REALLY cheap, which I ended up getting more than I probably needed :P but made great gifts for a fraction of the price! It is well worth the trip in San Juan if time allows. Pretty close to port, within walking distance.

There are some shops in the cruise center that carry various clothing items. I don't think any are outlet stores but they may have handbags. And nothing in downtown Cockburntown.

I believe Aruba has some higher end type stores. There are stores on Curacao, both across the pontoon bridge and in the mall near the piers and there are knock-offs along the quay's kiosks. Nothing in the small town at the pier in La Romana.

Aw that sounds awesome but we are doing a southern Caribbean on the Freedom. Our ports are Aruba, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, and Curacao. Thanks for the info though.

Ahhh yeah I forgot that it went on the route as well.. :P

We will be going on the Eastern Route in December! Have fun! Freedom looks like a beautiful ship, and who can go wrong with the new 2.0 upgrades (:

Not sure on Grand Turk, and I know you are asking about GT but it looks like you are going on the freedom, which if I am correct you are going to be going to San Juan as well. If you are, San Juan has an amazing Coach outlet store that has amazing deals, where they hand out 50% off coupons (they have the last 3 times I was there anyways) and this includes clearance, so you can find cute coach purses for REALLY REALLY cheap, which I ended up getting more than I probably needed :P but made great gifts for a fraction of the price! It is well worth the trip in San Juan if time allows. Pretty close to port, within walking distance.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you mind me asking where in San Juan this is in relation to where the ships dock? Is it walking distance? I don't have any excursions planned and I was hoping to just explore the forts. BUT I may just have to make a stop here as well cuz this girl can't get enough bags!!! :D

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but do you mind me asking where in San Juan this is in relation to where the ships dock? Is it walking distance? I don't have any excursions planned and I was hoping to just explore the forts. BUT I may just have to make a stop here as well cuz this girl can't get enough bags!!! :D

It's on Calle del Cristo close to the paseo down from El Morro. From El Morro facing away from the fort if you take the street to your right that runs along the bluffs near shore, Paseo del Morro, it will curve to your left and turn into de las Monejos which will intersect Cristo in about a block or two. Store is on the corner on your left as I recall. If you miss that then turn left on Calle San Francisco and go about a block to Cristo, turn left. You're about 1/2 back to the pier. Cristo runs down to Calle Tetuan and dead ends there. You can turn left on Tetuan and go to down the hill to Calle San Justo, turn right and go to the park at the far end of the cruise piers.

From the cruise piers just reverse the last directions. There are shorter ways but this is the most direct way. It's not a short walk. But not taxing either. Takes 15-20 minutes to get from El Morro to the piers without stopping. could be faster than waiting on a bus. But I would be surprised if taxi drivers didn't know where the store is.