Royal Caribbean Enchantment OTS

gkrnjlr

We are taking our first RCI cruise in November. We have three kids (ages 10, 9 and 6). Can anyone tell me about the kids programs on RCI?

We're familiar with PCL, NCL and CCL but know nothing about RCI's!

Thanks!

Jennifer

You will find the kid's club to be quite similar to Carnival...most kids absolutely LOVE RCI's clubs and activities! And, your kids are at the prime age to enjoy what they offer! Sign-up will be on the 1st evening....and that's when the kids meet the others they'll be sailing with for the duration....highly recommend you do that!

You will find the kid's club to be quite similar to Carnival...most kids absolutely LOVE RCI's clubs and activities! And, your kids are at the prime age to enjoy what they offer! Sign-up will be on the 1st evening....and that's when the kids meet the others they'll be sailing with for the duration....highly recommend you do that!

Good to hear this! Thank you! The kids love Carnival - so they're bound to enjoy RCI as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Enchantment and my 7 year loved it! Similar to Carnival. Definitely agree to do the sign up on the first day. They will have two times for that and I recommend the earlier one which is at noon I believe. They will have a blast. Very safe and secure with signing in and out too.

My daughter didn't like Enchantment as much as the other RC cruise ship kids clubs. I feel like the club was too small and the staff never even learned her name as they have on EVERY other ship.

My son had a good time on Enchantment too, but he also said he didn't quite enjoy Enchantment's Adventure Ocean as much as the Jewel or Radiance. He didn't exactly say why except that he did complain one day that they were letting the girls win! I'm not sure what game they were playing. :-) But overall, he enjoyed it. We only ever had one problem....I think we went to sign him up for Adventure Dining at the assigned time, but no one was there to let us do that. And the other thing I noticed was for Adventure Dining, they only had cheese pizza for the kids. On other ships, we had a choice of about 3 entrees for the kids for that meal. Not a huge deal, but just an observation.

What is Adventure Dining? Will they let the kids eat there in the program instead of dining with the parents one/every night?

Adventure Dining is where the staff from Adventure Ocean take the kids to dinner together and then back to Adventure Ocean for the evening activities.

On the ships we've been on, they take them to the Windjammer Cafe, but they have them in a side room all together. The kids dress casual with whatever clothes they are going to wear for the evening activities. (shorts, t-shirt, sneakers.)

On some sailings, there was Adventure Dining offered almost every night (except first night). On other sailings, it seems like it was only offered twice during the week, usually formal nights.

You sign them up that day for Adventure Dining that evening. When you sign them up, you select what their entree will be (cheeseburger, hotdog, pizza, etc.), and I think they get fries and ice cream. However, on the Enchantment the only choice was cheese pizza.

Then you drop your child off at the predetermined time. I think it was 6:00 pm. Then the parents go on to dinner and the kids are with the Adventure staff. Our son loves it! He never wants to eat dinner with us, although he has to on night 1 since there are no Adventure Ocean activities on the first night (other than open house).

I think on some of the ships, they go to Johnny Rockets for dinner, but we've not been on a ship yet with a Johnny Rockets. It's always been the Windjammer.

Also, be sure to pack the kids' sneakers because if I recall, they cannot play gaga ball without sneakers. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

And for the Enchantment, you need socks to jump on the trampoline.

As far as the dining room goes, the staff loves kids. One year, we had our son go to dinner with us each night in the main dining room. After our server found out our son liked fruit, they had it waiting for him every night. Another time, my son wasn't too sure about trying a baked Alaska, so our server disappeared and came back with a bowl full of all three kinds of ice cream for him. (Baked Alaska is 3 kinds of ice cream with merengue on it) And once when my steak was cooked wrong, the chef sent out a platter of different flavored cupcakes and frosting in decorator sleeves and sprinkles for my son to frost cupcakes and decorate them. That's only happened one time in 11 cruises and it occurred on the Enchantment this last cruise (2013).

Can you think of any other questions? Your kids will have their own cruise compasses each evening waiting in your room with details of what all is happening the next day for the kids in Adventure Ocean. There's a morning session, afternoon session, and evening session. After 10:00 pm, there's a charge though. We have never had him stay after 10:00 pm, although he would love to. It's hard to drag our kid out of there.

Edited to add, that as soon as you board, you will see a folding table and someone there to greet you from Adventure Ocean. They will put bracelets on your kids that are to be worn the entire cruise. The bracelet has their muster station number on it. They will tell you if there's ever an emergency, the staff takes the kids to the muster station and parents are to meet them at the muster station, not at Adventure Ocean.

Edited by Cheryl H

Also, be sure to pack the kids' sneakers because if I recall, they cannot play gaga ball without sneakers. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

And for the Enchantment, you need socks to jump on the trampoline.

As far as the dining room goes, the staff loves kids. One year, we had our son go to dinner with us each night in the main dining room. After our server found out our son liked fruit, they had it waiting for him every night. Another time, my son wasn't too sure about trying a baked Alaska, so our server disappeared and came back with a bowl full of all three kinds of ice cream for him. (Baked Alaska is 3 kinds of ice cream with merengue on it) And once when my steak was cooked wrong, the chef sent out a platter of different flavored cupcakes and frosting in decorator sleeves and sprinkles for my son to frost cupcakes and decorate them. That's only happened one time in 11 cruises and it occurred on the Enchantment this last cruise (2013).

Can you think of any other questions? Your kids will have their own cruise compasses each evening waiting in your room with details of what all is happening the next day for the kids in Adventure Ocean. There's a morning session, afternoon session, and evening session. After 10:00 pm, there's a charge though. We have never had him stay after 10:00 pm, although he would love to. It's hard to drag our kid out of there.

Edited to add, that as soon as you board, you will see a folding table and someone there to greet you from Adventure Ocean. They will put bracelets on your kids that are to be worn the entire cruise. The bracelet has their muster station number on it. They will tell you if there's ever an emergency, the staff takes the kids to the muster station and parents are to meet them at the muster station, not at Adventure Ocean.

We didn't do the adventure dining but going to the dining room and interacting with our waiter was one of my daughters (7 years old) favorite part of the trip. She loved talking to him and teasing him. He also brought her and my younger one the cupcakes with the frosting and sprinkles. His name was Warren and we actually went to breakfast in the dining room every morning and requested him.. We sure do miss him. My daughter didn't wear tennis shoes to kids club but she did play gagaball so I'm not sure what the rules are there.