Vision ~ B2B ~ 5 Nights ~ July 21st & 26th: My Diary

Jane,

I enjoyed your review and photos, thank you.

We sailed on the Vision 10 day Southern Nov 2012 before they did the refurb. We are booked on the Vision this Nov for the 7 day Western cruise and this time we will be Diamond! Looking forward to the extra perks and the Diamond Lounge.

Have a great day.

Sharon

Jane,

I enjoyed your review and photos, thank you.

We sailed on the Vision 10 day Southern Nov 2012 before they did the refurb. We are booked on the Vision this Nov for the 7 day Western cruise and this time we will be Diamond! Looking forward to the extra perks and the Diamond Lounge.

Have a great day.

Sharon

Sharon....You will absolutely love he changes that were made to Vision. and those 7 nights from Tampa look awesome. I hope we can book some of those soon!

Update on VI Concierges from "Current Concierge" thread: Mangesh Jambhulkar will be the DL Concierge on VI. As you remember, he was the DL Concierge on FR. He is a great Concierge also.

I remember Mangesh! "Good Morning beautiful people!" on the phone every day!! So nice.

Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to do such a detailed review! We loved going through each day of the cruise with you guys. We'll be on the Roatan/Cozumel itinerary at the end of Sept and I have a few questions if you don't mind.

We just booked, so we didn't have a lot of choices, so we're in JS 8566 (would have loved an aft, but no true afts available). From the deck plans, this cabin may be under the entrance to the spa, but not sure if we should go back a few just to make sure we're not under the solarium where chairs could be dragged around?

You posted a picture of some "secret" stairs up to deck 9 - can you explain more where they're located?

This will only be our second cruise as diamond - first was on Brilliance in Feb (amazing time!) - and I don't remember special breakfast seating for diamond and above on that cruise. Is this an area of the dining room for sit-down breakfast serving? Regular menu?

We also made our decision for Roatan based on your experience - really looking forwarded to a relaxing beach day there. Again, thank you for the great review!

-Marie

Max'smom,

Thank you so much for your review. One of the best I have read. Your numerous pics and captions were excellent. We will be going to two of the ports you visited, and you gave us some good ideas as to what to do at those ports.

What I liked most however was when a few things did not go as planned, they never upset you. You simply went with the flow and had a good time.

Thanks,

Craig

Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to do such a detailed review! We loved going through each day of the cruise with you guys. We'll be on the Roatan/Cozumel itinerary at the end of Sept and I have a few questions if you don't mind.

We just booked, so we didn't have a lot of choices, so we're in JS 8566 (would have loved an aft, but no true afts available). From the deck plans, this cabin may be under the entrance to the spa, but not sure if we should go back a few just to make sure we're not under the solarium where chairs could be dragged around?

You posted a picture of some "secret" stairs up to deck 9 - can you explain more where they're located?

This will only be our second cruise as diamond - first was on Brilliance in Feb (amazing time!) - and I don't remember special breakfast seating for diamond and above on that cruise. Is this an area of the dining room for sit-down breakfast serving? Regular menu?

We also made our decision for Roatan based on your experience - really looking forwarded to a relaxing beach day there. Again, thank you for the great review!

-Marie

Thank you, Marie!

I'm afraid you will be in the Noise zone in 8566. The secret stairs come down right at cabin 8578. I wouldn't want to be forward of that cabin. If you can move back a ways.....I would.

Yes.....the special breakfast area is in a part of the MDR. I believe we were on Deck 4 port side. It's sort of tucked away from everybody else. I'm pretty sure they would have had this area on Brilliance. If you don't know about it, sometimes it's hard to spot.

Hope you love the beach in Roatan as much as we did!

Thanks for posting!

Max'smom,

Thank you so much for your review. One of the best I have read. Your numerous pics and captions were excellent. We will be going to two of the ports you visited, and you gave us some good ideas as to what to do at those ports.

What I liked most however was when a few things did not go as planned, they never upset you. You simply went with the flow and had a good time.

Thanks,

Craig

Thanks, Craig! Sometimes I am amazed at what people complain about. Hope you will enjoy your cruise!

Jane, this was a great review, and your quick follow-up to all of the other posters was impressive.

I'm hoping you can answer a question for me... Did the cabins have iPod docks? The Oasis class ships do, but I wasn't sure if the Vision had them added when it was refurbished.

Jane, this was a great review, and your quick follow-up to all of the other posters was impressive.

I'm hoping you can answer a question for me... Did the cabins have iPod docks? The Oasis class ships do, but I wasn't sure if the Vision had them added when it was refurbished.

Thanks a lot!

No.....there are no iPod docks on Vision. As far as I know.....only Oasis and Allure have those. But somehow, we manage! Sometimes it's a challenge to keep all our devices charged!!

Jane - Another FAB picture review of your Jolly Holidays!

We just love reading your reviews, even though they do make us jealous! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Well im sure it wont be long before you get another cruise booked, so It wont be long before Im reading about another one of your adventures!

And of Course the toe pics that make me chuckle every time :D

Cheers

Gary

Jane - Another FAB picture review of your Jolly Holidays!

We just love reading your reviews, even though they do make us jealous! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Well im sure it wont be long before you get another cruise booked, so It wont be long before Im reading about another one of your adventures!

And of Course the toe pics that make me chuckle every time :D

Cheers

Gary

Thanks, Gary!! Always good to hear from you!! I still have a picture sitting on my dresser of me with you guys celebrating New Year's Eve on the Explorer! Good times! Hope we can get together days again one of these days!

Hi Jane,

We have been home just over 2 weeks now - spent a couple of days post cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Just wanted to say again it was a pleasure meeting you and John on the Vision (and Nelson and Julie - in the Schooner Bar before the muster drill!).

Loved your review. We even made it into some photos!!!

We look forward to sailing with you again one day.

Joan (and Joe)

:)

Hi Jane,

We have been home just over 2 weeks now - spent a couple of days post cruise in Fort Lauderdale. Just wanted to say again it was a pleasure meeting you and John on the Vision (and Nelson and Julie - in the Schooner Bar before the muster drill!).

Loved your review. We even made it into some photos!!!

We look forward to sailing with you again one day.

Joan (and Joe)

:)

Hi Joan and Joe! Great to hear from you. Glad you enjoyed that extra time in Fort Lauderdale. It's always nice when you don't have to go straight back home after a cruise!

We certainly enjoyed meeting you as well, and hope that our cruise paths will cross again one of these days!

I see you are going on the Explorer soon! We've enjoyed sailing on her out of Bayonne many times. We have a B2B scheduled on her for New Year's Eve. Great ship.

Edited by max'smom

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful trip report.

We are cruising for the first time on RCI on the Vision this October.

Are you familiar with the fitness center? If so, do they provide shampoo/conditioner, facial cleanser there, for showers after exercise?

Also, are these products provided in the suites (grand suite)?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful trip report.

We are cruising for the first time on RCI on the Vision this October.

Are you familiar with the fitness center? If so, do they provide shampoo/conditioner, facial cleanser there, for showers after exercise?

Also, are these products provided in the suites (grand suite)?

Many thanks

The Grand Suite will have separate containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. Plus upgraded bars of soap.

Thanks so much. Look for the next one in late September!! :D

Those look like awesome itineraries! Can't wait to hear all about it. If you are going to Palm Beach again, would you be able to find out how much the cabana rentals are, please?

zazucirca......Well.....I should be visiting the fitness center, but I usually don't on cruises!! Not sure about the shampoo and stuff in there. I would imagine it would be there. And as Bob said......you will have some small bottles of that in your suite.

kleo......you're reading my mind!!! I was just sitting here thinking about those cabanas! Will definitely find out about the cost. I want one this time! I'm thinking if you are eating lunch in their restaurant, there might be a lower cost involved. And the restaurant is VERY good....so that's a no brainer. Stay tuned!!

kleo......you're reading my mind!!! I was just sitting here thinking about those cabanas! Will definitely find out about the cost. I want one this time! I'm thinking if you are eating lunch in their restaurant' date=' there might be a lower cost involved. And the restaurant is VERY good....so that's a no brainer. Stay tuned!![/size']

Thanks Jane. We plan to eat and drink at their restaurant/bar.

Jane, I just finished reading your wonderful review. Enjoyed every minute of it. Ed & I are so glad that we met you & John on the Independence last year.

What I really want is your cruise wardrobe. Beautiful !! Do I need to come to NC to shop?

And, thanks for the rubberband idea, we will definitely use it on our September 1st cruise.

Your reviews are amazing. Don't ever stop.

Jane, I just finished reading your wonderful review. Enjoyed every minute of it. Ed & I are so glad that we met you & John on the Independence last year.

What I really want is your cruise wardrobe. Beautiful !! Do I need to come to NC to shop?

And, thanks for the rubberband idea, we will definitely use it on our September 1st cruise.

Your reviews are amazing. Don't ever stop.

Wanda.....glad this was helpful to you. And always good hearing from you. Gosh.....you guys must be really close to Pinnacle by now.

Yes.....come go shopping with me any time! Since I have retired....that seems to be my job!! Shopping and cruising! Yay!!

I always keep a supply of rubber bands in my make-up case. That works great on the hair dryers!

Enjoy the Vision!! Don't forget to say hello to Betsy for us!