Vision ~ B2B ~ 5 Nights ~ July 21st & 26th: My Diary

Jane,

How did I miss your review? Now I know I have been working too hard. :(

Thankfully September 5th we are bound for Hawaii on Rhapsody.

Thanks for the great pictures of Nachi Cocom. We will be making our first visit there on Oasis. It looks like we made a good choice.

Also thanks for letting us see what happens for a B2B, Sept 2015 we get to experience that for the first time on Jewel. Hoping we will get a lunch :)

Demodawn......thanks so much. Glad you followed along!

sat1.......86! Good for you! Not sure what you are asking about sunshades. The cameras we use are a fairly new Sony NexR and an old Nikon D-60. We've had good luck with those.

Bill!!!......I wondered where you were!! I hope you enjoy Nachi....get there early. If we book the Jewel today then we will have 2 B2B's on her between now and the end of the year. The B2B's out of San Juan are the best. Not sure how they are now, but in the past...we have not had to get off the ship at all. And they should have a lunch for you on Jewel. Those cruises out of San Juan are the BEST! Oh.....I just looked at your signature....you're doing Jewel on the West Coast. I'll bet that will be nice. I'll have to check that out.

Edited by max'smom

Does anyone know can you order breakfast room service through the tv order system in the am! Anyone know a cut off time?

Is the door card it?

No...there's no interactive tv. Not sure what you mean by the door card being it?

Does anyone know can you order breakfast room service through the tv order system in the am! Anyone know a cut off time?

Is the door card it?

In addition to the door card, you can use your stateroom phone.

Jane,

An outstanding piece of review writing with such detail!! Your warmth and sense of humour shine through and we are now greatly looking forward to our transatlantic on Vision next November.

If our paths ever cross I hope we can swop stories; at 37, think I'll have a while to go before we can retire but when we do, I hope we are just like you guys 👍

Keep those reviews coming 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jane,

An outstanding piece of review writing with such detail!! Your warmth and sense of humour shine through and we are now greatly looking forward to our transatlantic on Vision next November.

If our paths ever cross I hope we can swop stories; at 37, think I'll have a while to go before we can retire but when we do, I hope we are just like you guys

Keep those reviews coming

Thanks!! And I'll look forward to our paths crossing one of these days. Enjoy that TA!!

sat1.......86! Good for you! Not sure what you are asking about sunshades. The cameras we use are a fairly new Sony NexR and an old Nikon D-60. We've had good luck with those.

Should have said sunglasses on the towels.;)

Thank you.

Jane,

If our paths ever cross I hope we can swop stories; at 37, think I'll have a while to go before we can retire but when we do, I hope we are just like you guys 👍

Keep those reviews coming 😎

I second this! I came upon this review today and spend the morning reading and enjoying the review and photos.

Thank you Max's Mom and looking forward to more of your reviews!

I second this! I came upon this review today and spend the morning reading and enjoying the review and photos.

Thank you Max's Mom and looking forward to more of your reviews!

Thanks so much. Look for the next one in late September!! :D

Thanks as usual for a great review. We are just back from the Roatan, Cozumel route and reading this it almost felt like it was my cruise. We too were in 8588. Not sure if I can sail in a cabin with a regular balcony anymore, it was heaven!

Looking forward to your Jewel review, have our first sailing booked for 2015 on her. I am another who is also looking forward to retirement when I can just jump on a good deal. Safe sailings and thanks again.

Thanks as usual for a great review. We are just back from the Roatan, Cozumel route and reading this it almost felt like it was my cruise. We too were in 8588. Not sure if I can sail in a cabin with a regular balcony anymore, it was heaven!

Looking forward to your Jewel review, have our first sailing booked for 2015 on her. I am another who is also looking forward to retirement when I can just jump on a good deal. Safe sailings and thanks again.

Oh that is so great!! I don't know if we will ever luck into to a cabin like that again!! Let me ask you something.....was there still a rubber band on the handle of the hair dryer? I always put one on to hold down the button....and then leave it for the next person......but I don't know if it stays or not. That's how I found out about doing that. Someone left it on a hair dryer on one of our cruises and I thought...."why is that there?".....but then it dawned on me.....oh.....that's cool......and I've been doing it ever since. Hoping to pass along that idea to the next person. I never know if the cabin steward will remove it or not. Did you have Ashton?

I loved reading your review. We will be doing a same b2b as you in Sept. I am really looking forward to it . It is so nice to read a positive review of the ship. We too enjoy the smaller ships. Our first cruise was on RC"S Noric Empress that is when we caught the cruise bug a have enjoyed cruising ever since. Thanks for taking the time

Toni

Oh that is so great!! I don't know if we will ever luck into to a cabin like that again!! Let me ask you something.....was there still a rubber band on the handle of the hair dryer? I always put one on to hold down the button....and then leave it for the next person......but I don't know if it stays or not. That's how I found out about doing that. Someone left it on a hair dryer on one of our cruises and I thought...."why is that there?".....but then it dawned on me.....oh.....that's cool......and I've been doing it ever since. Hoping to pass along that idea to the next person. I never know if the cabin steward will remove it or not. Did you have Ashton?

:D Yes Ashton was our cabin steward, he did fist bumps with my son every time they saw each other, and yes the rubber band was still there, thank you!! Will have to remember to do that, was very nice.

I loved reading your review. We will be doing a same b2b as you in Sept. I am really looking forward to it . It is so nice to read a positive review of the ship. We too enjoy the smaller ships. Our first cruise was on RC"S Noric Empress that is when we caught the cruise bug a have enjoyed cruising ever since. Thanks for taking the time

Toni

Wow! The Nordic Empress.....I think we cruised on her 5 times. Always had a great cruise on her. Hope you enjoy your September B2B's. Those two cruises were really good together!!

:D Yes Ashton was our cabin steward, he did fist bumps with my son every time they saw each other, and yes the rubber band was still there, thank you!! Will have to remember to do that, was very nice.

That's awesome....about your son and Ashton.....and about the rubber band still being there. I never knew if they kept them on there or not! Pretty cool. Thanks for letting me know!

Ohhhh!! The sunglasses are mine' date=' but the cabin steward puts them on the towel animal![/size']

Thanks, wanna be sure to have a pair in my room. Also, nice cameras, the Sony ( I think ) would be much easier to use on excursions. :)

Thanks, wanna be sure to have a pair in my room. Also, nice cameras, the Sony ( I think ) would be much easier to use on excursions. :)

We have loved that camera! It's a little bit bigger than the regular point and shoot, but very easy to carry around. It has interchangeable lenses and acts like an SLR. I take it everywhere!

I can't say enough about our outstanding wait team....Rolston and Rolland. So professional and personable. It was a pleasure to see them almost every night.

DSC_0368_zpsa1a6d79b.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo, Jane, and sorry about the delay. Your Rolland and our Roland are not the same. You kept me in suspense. :)

Also, I'm happy to hear the terrific Alper is there replacing the wonderful Jose who I found on Enchantment this weekend. Your reviews are always so informative in many ways. I do hope to end up on a cruise with you one day.

Gina

Thanks for posting this photo, Jane, and sorry about the delay. Your Rolland and our Roland are not the same. You kept me in suspense. :)

Also, I'm happy to hear the terrific Alper is there replacing the wonderful Jose who I found on Enchantment this weekend. Your reviews are always so informative in many ways. I do hope to end up on a cruise with you one day.

Gina

Oh well! At least we know that there are two great waiters named Roland/Rolland on Vision!

Here's hoping that our cruise paths cross soon!!

Awwww....Enchantment.....we have fond memories of the Julian era!!

Oh well! At least we know that there are two great waiters named Roland/Rolland on Vision!

Here's hoping that our cruise paths cross soon!!

Awwww....Enchantment.....we have fond memories of the Julian era!!

:D

I wonder if we were ever on board at the same time and didn't know it. We booked a GS for the cruise that made us Diamond so that we could gain access to his lounge, one cruise early. :) The good old days of cruising. I think that's how many of us see the Julian era.

Gina