Sea Deck?

I don't think that "sea deck" is the right word, but could someone tell me about the back end of the ships like the PG that flip down for aquatic activity. I saw a picture of it, but am still confused. Is it "netted" so you can swim in it, but big fish can't come in? I'm really confused. Thanks!

I think it's called a sports platform, from which you can kayak, water ski, or catch a zodiac out to your scuba site. They don't let you swim from it, though. It's just a dock for other water sports.

Are you on your way to French Polynesia?

MarnaLou

Boy, I would love to be! I saw a special free airfare on 08/07/04. Problem is I am booked for Alaska on 08/06/04 on Celebrity. However, I will be honest with you, the PG cruise looks like an absolute dream! It goes somewhere exotic, and intersting. Plus the ship ammenites look fantastic! However, it is quite a bit more money. Very depressing. If I win that powerball tomorrow night I think I'll go!

So put the PG on your list, FreesiaE! And in the meantime, you have another great trip to look forward to. I bet you will have a wonderful time in Alaska.

So many cruises, so little time!!

MarnaLou

FreesiaE:

Cancel that Celebrity venture into "nickel and dime" territory immediately and book the Paul Gauguin. Time and space does not allow me to go into all the reasons, but suffice it to say that the PG has the best cruise in the world, period! You can read my review of her in the "REVIEWS" section on this board. Will I put my money where my mouth is? Yes. We have cruised the PG three times in the past two years, and are thinking of going again. Enough said.

Enjoy,

Richard icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived