Caprie Balcony vs Mini Suite Balcony

minniem

Does anyone know the difference between the size of a Caprie balcony vs the mini suite balcony on the Caribbean Princess? The price has dropped so that the price I was going to pay for the Caprie balcony is only a couple of dollars less than the Mini suite. I've never been in a mini so I don't really know the difference in the size of the rooms and the size of the balconies. Thanks.

Minnie

Does anyone know the difference between the size of a Caprie balcony vs the mini suite balcony on the Caribbean Princess? The price has dropped so that the price I was going to pay for the Caprie balcony is only a couple of dollars less than the Mini suite. I've never been in a mini so I don't really know the difference in the size of the rooms and the size of the balconies. Thanks.

Minnie

I assume you meant Caribe deck balconies? Those are 9x9. The mini suites have a balcony that is 9x7.

I assume you meant Caribe deck balconies? Those are 9x9. The mini suites have a balcony that is 9x7.
The Caribe balconies have 5' covered, 4' uncovered. Dolphin deck mini-suites are fully uncovered, Emerald deck minis are fully covered.

The balconies on Caribe are larger than the mini suites BUT The rooms are bigger in a mini suite. You gat a sofa and 2 TV's one facing bed and one facing sofa. Also mini suite bathrooms are larger with a bath as well as a shower. Dolphin mini suites as Pam said are uncovered but if you wish extra room then I would go for a mini suite, so saying the caribe balconies also give extra room but a smaller bathroom and no sofa. Whatever enjoy your cruise , I've a few months to go yet :)

Minnie

About 1 ft difference on the balcony..

Minis on Emerald deck are the best because they are covered, Dolphin deck are not

You have to determine what is important to you .

Room Size: mini suite

Balcony Size: Caribe Deck

Privacy / Shade(Balcony) : Caribe unless you get an Emerald Deck balcony (Deck 8 AFT), then it becomes an issue of location preference.

Minnie

The mini is larger with a sofa and 2 TVs. The bathroom is larger with a tub/shower combination. The balcony may be the same or smaller depends on the ship. I am not sure about balconies since we like the window suites on CB.

Having the larger bathroom w/tub as well as having a couch is important to us. We like to book a mini on Dolphin Deck as close as possible to the mid ship elevators. :)

LuLu

I'm with you. I've cruised a couple of times in Dolphin deck minis. I didn't mind them being uncovered at all and I loved the extra room in the cabin.

To us the main advantage of the mini is that two people can sit comfortably on the sofa. In the balcony cabins there is only one relatively comfortable chair. When the balcony furniture was comfortable, we'd bring in one of the chairs and enjoy having the Caribe balcony.

I'm with you. I've cruised a couple of times in Dolphin deck minis. I didn't mind them being uncovered at all and I loved the extra room in the cabin.

I booked room D630 vista suite and D622 mini suite, Princess told me both of these cabins are covered, did they make a mistake

I booked room D630 vista suite and D622 mini suite, Princess told me both of these cabins are covered, did they make a mistake

All the balconies on Dolphin are uncovered. And from the deck plans neither of your cabins is a Vista suite - both are minis.

Edited by mollyanne

All the balconies on Dolphin are uncovered. And from the deck plans neither of your cabins is a Vista suite - both are minis.

Are you sure D630 isn't a S6 vista suite on the Coral? can't pay over 2000.00 for a non-covered balcony?

This thread is about Caribbean Princess, but to answer your question re Coral:- on both Island and Coral D deck suites and minis are fully covered. Also take note that those of you in the suite will not be able to invite those in the mini-suite to join you for breakfast in Sabatini's

Personally on Island (we have never been on Coral) we prefer the C deck suites, actually C704 is our favourite, which are half covered.

Incidentally and going back to the original question, although we normally book suites, we never book the S4 Penthouse Suites on Riviera Deck on the Grand class ships (when they added Riviera Deck to the original design and increased the height of the ships, in order to keep the top weight down they used aluminium for the higher decks which is why the noise problem associated with the Pool area is more of an issue on the Grand class ships).

We also don't like the fact that, in hot climates the mini-suites on D deck have absolutely no shade, and are overlooked by everyone.

As a result, when sailing on Grand class ships we always save our money and go for C deck balcony cabins. We also mark our booking 'NO UPGRADE WITHIN CLASS and NO META UPGRADE.', though I must emphasise that we have not tried the E Deck mini-suites which are covered.

Personally, I would stay with the Caribe every time, particularly if the cruise is just 7 days.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

This thread is about Caribbean Princess, but to answer your question re Coral:- on both Island and Coral D deck suites and minis are fully covered. Also take note that those of you in the suite will not be able to invite those in the mini-suite to join you for breakfast in Sabatini's

Personally on Island (we have never been on Coral) we prefer the C deck suites, actually C704 is our favourite, which are half covered.

Incidentally and going back to the original question, although we normally book suites, we never book the S4 Penthouse Suites on Riviera Deck on the Grand class ships (when they added Riviera Deck to the original design and increased the height of the ships, in order to keep the top weight down they used aluminium for the higher decks which is why the noise problem associated with the Pool area is more of an issue on the Grand class ships).

We also don't like the fact that, in hot climates the mini-suites on D deck have absolutely no shade, and are overlooked by everyone.

As a result, when sailing on Grand class ships we always save our money and go for C deck balcony cabins. We also mark our booking 'NO UPGRADE WITHIN CLASS and NO META UPGRADE.', though I must emphasise that we have not tried the E Deck mini-suites which are covered.

Personally, I would stay with the Caribe every time, particularly if the cruise is just 7 days.

Please, what is a META UPGRADE? Thank you.

A Meta upgrade is a change of cabin type, as defined by the first letter of the cabin grade changing.

So Inside to Oceanview would be Meta, as would Oceanview to Balcony,

but

Obstructed Oceanview to Oceanview would be an in category upgrade and not a Meta upgrade. Similarly Balcony to Premium Balcony would not be a Meta upgrade.

However you do need to be careful with Meta upgrades as, for example, Princess regard a move from a balcony mini-suite to a window suite with no balcony as an upgrade. Some people will think this is a good deal because they are attracted by the suite perks. Others will find the loss of the balcony means that it is anything but an upgrade.

The reason I said no Upgrade is because I would not wish to be upgraded from BE with a large half covered balcony to, for example, BA with a smaller balcony but on a higher deck and in the centre of the ship.

The reason I said no Meta upgrade is that, having made a conscious decision not to book either a mini-suite with no shade or a noisy suite on Riviera deck, I do not wish to be upgraded to either even if there was no additional cost.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

• 3 years later...

Great information as I have been looking at Panama cruise April 2019 Island Princess and cabin D201 is available. Reading through it sounds not too bad a cabin and it is good price so I think it has made up my mind. Thanks to all who posted this perfect information.:cool: